Bushnell DOA 600 Rifle Scope, 3-9x40, DOA 600 Reticle

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Quartered_Safe, May 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me if this sight is compatible with a .303 calibre rifle?
  2. It appears to be designed specifically for fullbore, bou also specifically for rangefinding using the antlers of American deer species as a reference. If you don't mind all that useless crap in your sight picture then crack on.

If you are worried about rangefinding then a laser rangefinder combined with a mildot reticle might be a better idea.
  3. Not the range finding as such but the compatibility of the range increments to .303 and the load.
  4. Those things are a con.

Rifle, target, ringefinder and a box of ammo are what you need if you want to work out holdover. When you have worked out what your holdover should be, you can either use a scope with turrets and calibrate it for different shots, or you can use a Mildot to guide you. The Bushnell Elite 10x 40 is an excellent scope for this.

All these fancy doodahs in your scope are just ways to con money out of people who don't know their setup well enough. Cash is better spent on more ammo for the range.
  5. Thanks, I specifically didn't want to be adjusting the turrets, but this sight does have mildots and I liked the look of the stadia lines for aiming off, given that it only cost less than $60 I will give it a go and take your advice of using the money saved on ammo on the range to get a fell for it.