Bush warns Iran: dont touch our ally Israel

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The rhetoric is stepping up a gear!

2. Shame that it's got to this stage but what else can he say? The Iranians want nuclear weapons and I believe that some of them are mad enough to use them. Sad day for the world when they do, but I believe that it's coming. When it does, better that America wipes Iran off the map than allow them to hold the world to ransom. I hope something is done about Iran before it all gets out of hand. It would be a more justifiable war than Iraq.

It'll be interesting to see the reactions of China and Russia when it all goes off.
  3. That being the crux of the problem. Without tacit support from China and Russia I'm not sure Iran would be so beligerent.
  4. Dubya calling for another 'Regime Change' with a surgical strike, well at least it isn't too much of a cabby to get to Tehran from Baghdad. Anyone want to hire a low-loader (reasonable rates).
  5. As Biscuits say's it will be interesting to see what China and Russia would do about it.But having said that i think China would just make a bit of noise with no substance as they would not risk there export trading with the west.As for Russia they might prove to be a bit more stubborn as they have gone from joint world police to a country that has inploded but wants some of its old recognision back.
  6. Also Russia probably sees Iran as in its spere of influence. They have always seen it as partly their responsibility as far back as the Nineteenth Century.
  7. I can't really see how the Septics are going to manage this. They haven't got the manpower or equipment for an invasion, let alone to hold Iran once it's been invaded. Just lobbing a few bombs at them could provoke some sort of nasty retaliation, which I'm sure the Iranians already have in place.
    Any attack would definitely make the situation in Iraq untenable both for the Septics and the Brits.

I can't help thinking that Iran getting nukes would help to dampen things in the ME, since at the moment only the Israelis have them, so there'd be a bit more balance in the region. Whatever they say in Tehran, there's little chance of them actually nuking Israel. They know they'd be signing their death-warrant.

The ideal thing, of course, would be for the Israelis to pull back to the bit of Palestine they were originally given by the UN, since that's the basic cause of all the trouble in the first place.

8. "The ideal thing, of course, would be for the Israelis to pull back to the bit of Palestine they were originally given by the UN, since that's the basic cause of all the trouble in the first place."

Although I agree with you there, I don't think that lone would do it. You can only make so many children orphans (on both sides) before the hatred runs so deep that the hostility is self perpetuating.....
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I think you'll find that is the result of the arabs attempt to wipe Israel off the map not the reason in the first place.

At least know what you're on about if you're going to join the debate. :oops:

As for the yanks not having enough troops to attack Iran, you might do well to google US troop numbers including NG and you'll see they have more than enough to do the job if neccessary.
  10. I not trying to accuse anybody but the basic cause of the current dynamic in the middle east is, Hitler's killing 6 million Jews, 65 years ago.
    History moves slowly.
  11. As for Iran not using them as it would be signing their own death warrants.As a country that supports suicide bombings is not being wiped out by blowing up Israel the biggest suicide bomb?.
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

As has been said the occupation of the so called Palestinian areas of western Jordan (The West Bank) and eastern Egypt (Gaza) is not the cause of the Middle East’s problems but it is one of the results.

Israel occupied those areas in the course of the 1967 Six-Day-War which saw Israel kick 7 bells out of the Arab forces hell bent on its destruction. Israel has more than once offered to withdraw for security guarantees which have not been forthcoming, so they remain occupied as a security buffer.

The Jewish settlements are another issue but are no different than some Germans moving to Amsterdam and building houses there. The issue of land ownership needs to be addressed but the Palestinian instance that all Jews must be forced off the land is no different to the principal of ethnic cleansing we witnessed in the Balkans. But for some reason when it’s done to Jews by Arabs it’s OK.

I have no vested interest in Israel i.e. I’m not Jewish but the double standards displayed by the anti Semitic tw@ts both here and in the ME who try to blame it all on Israel’s behaviour really gets my goat. Admittedly Israel can be heavy handed but they are reacting to the Arabs attacks against them not simply going out to attack Arabs as is implied all the time.
  15. Hi all!

Sunday I heard interview with mr.Olmert on radio Echo of Moscow. One listener asked: if Israel and Pakistan have nuclear weapons then why Iran can't.

Answer: Israel doesn't say that it has nuclear weapon and Israel unlike Iran is a democracy.

A journalist recalled words by Golda Meir: Israel hasn't nuclear weapons but if it will be needed Israel would use it.