Bush unfazed by UK protest plans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3269605.stm

US President George Bush says he will not be upset by mass protests planned for his visit to London next week.
In interviews with UK journalists, he said: "I can understand people not liking war, if that's what they're there to protest. I don't like war."
Bullshit.

He said he hoped to meet the families of some of the UK servicemen who had died in Iraq, and praised Tony Blair
I'm sure they're looking forward to it too.

When asked about the families of the 54 British soldiers killed in Iraq, President Bush said: "I am going to meet some.

"There's two messages. One, the prayers of the American people and the prayers of the president are with them, as they suffer.

"Secondly, that I will tell them that their loved ones did not die in vain. The actions we have taken will make the world more secure and the world more peaceful in the long run."
I can't trust myself to type :evil:

However, the father of the youngest UK soldier killed in Iraq said Mr Bush and Mr Blair did not care about the deaths of British troops.

Andrew Kelly,18, from Tavistock, in Devon, died in a shooting accident near his barracks in the southern city of Basra on 6 May.

His father Robert, from Saltash, in Cornwall, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme he had not been invited to meet Mr Bush, and did not want to meet him.

"For these people to meet families, it is only for their own gain," he said.

"What does George Bush care about our families and my family? He doesn't care."
Turning to his relationship with Mr Blair, Mr Bush lavished praise on his "smart, capable, trustworthy friend".

He said he was in "weekly" contact with the UK prime minister about the security situation in Iraq.

"I admire him as a strong leader. He tells you what he thinks and he does what he says he's going to do.
Oh FFS, he does what you tell him to George.

Oh bollox, I'm too angry to type anything else, link here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3269605.stm