Bush to seek $80bn for war funds

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jan 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4204257.stm

80 Billion 8O

That's the GDP of New Zealand!
    And, more than the GDP's of UAE , Kuwait, Tunisia, Syria etc etc.

Was this level of expenditure part of the original plan then?

2. their credit card is gonna take a battering :twisted:

3. Where is Jip Travolta when you need a spoof Mastercard ad doing? :D

477 Billion dollars in the red , add another 80 billion , and congratulations , that's half a Trillion dollars in the red.

Well, 43/44 has certainly achieved rapid growth in one area.

China must be laughing into the dim sum.

Well, once they've finished buying Western companies with raw material holdings , and paying for their Russian oil in Euros of course.

4. By "these people"

Do you mean the yellow peril , or are you thinking closer to home NWD? :D

It's a beautiful plan. Why do people keep calling America, the last remaining superpower? China is a superpower , and on the ascendancy.

Who is really in control? The man who issues IOU's for a phenomenal amount or , the man that's holding IOU's for a phenomenal amount?

I belive China has embarked on a programme of financial domination , and they're doing it, by cornering raw materials sources. Once they've done that, they can just about do as they please.

Sorry Mr.Bush , Taiwan you say? Really, let me instruct my broker to sell 200 Billion Dollars now. What was that? You're winding your neck in? I thought you might.

Invading Iraq is going to screw with the US in ways that Bin Laden can only have wet dreams about.

How much more in allocations will Bush have to seek, before the American people say -Enough!

Because I can see another massive expense coming, and I don't think it is in this budget allocation.

5. Closer to home.

6. China are not a superpower....YET! 8O 8O 8O 8O

They are well on their way to it, but do not have a high enough GDP to be qualified as a superpower. Also, their technology and IT systems are not sufficiently developed to compete with america or europe.

They do however have

A HUGE armed forces 8O
    A Gigantic population 8O
    An almost industrialised infrastructure
    A Booming economy
    A space programme
    A quiet policy of purchasing up large natural resources and american/european technology companies

Despite this, even if they do make it into the superpower club, they will be the only member. America have long since left that league for the little fish. America is a HYPERPOWER. In another league completely.

:twisted:

7. When China has the ability to project the PLA globally , it will be a hyperpower.

8. Their brown-water navy has been aspiring to blue-water status, with ex-Russian destroyers...

9. please expand on PLA? :?

10. peoples liberation army? I think??

11. PTP, The only "dim sum" I can see is the one being racked up by Dubya's crusading profligacy. Time to call in the receivers, methinks. Too much blood and treasure being squandered. :wink:

12. Concerning that statement, i seem to remeber reading it somewhere (may just be a rumour) that the PLA has troops stationed in central africa in some dodgy little republic which is playing political footsie with china. I think there was also rumours that the aforementioned african country had natural resources which were just beggining to be identified and sold to outside interests.

Maybe this is the start of their plan for world domination (or do i sound like someone from team america :twisted: )