Bush speaks to Troops about Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by WEATHERMAN1956, Nov 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Best he gets a bomb suit on and goes and deals with the said devices himself then!!!!!!!

2. National strategy for Victory in Iraq.

Fmobb , that's the mindset that is creating the problem. So it wasn't 'Mission accomplished' then. To win a Victory , we have to be fighting a war. But we're told it's not a war, simply insurrection by certain elements. How are we going to achieve 'Victory' if we don't know, or refuse to acknowledge who the real enemy is?

B*lls*it.

No mention of Militant Shia or Ultra-Nationalists or even dare it be said - Patriots , no matter how 'misguided'

It is not realistic? So why was this sold initally as being realistic? Why were we told we were going to be greeted with the locals throwing garlands of flowers?

What the bloody hell does this statement mean? Meaningless hyperbole.

Then how do you know if you won the war? I don't remember the Iraqi Army formally surrendering either. Is there a chance that these 'Saddamists' may not all be supporters, but in fact are doing what I hope any of us in our respective country's armed forces would think we should do if invaded by a foreign military. Fight until told to surrender by a recognised Military authority?

Which includes Syria, but you're doing his job for him there.

No they bloody well do not. They are fighting for a twisted idealogy. The foreign fighters coming into Iraq couldn't care less about a "New improved Iraq". They are there to kill "Foreign troops" . Something impersonal, which the new Iraqi Government also referred to us as last week. As was previously stated, if there is no formal or recognised surrender , what will stop them continuing the fight? Money will still come in from sympathisers, young idiots will still be brainwashed, and as long as one person still continues to fight against us in Iraq and elsewhere that we've ignored to concentrate on this clusterf*ck, there will always be support for the 'terrorists'. More blasted rhetoric. this is just a continuation of that other nebulous statement "Fighting them there so we don't do it here" . Which is boll*x.

Good grief. I can't believe this is trotted out again.

Oh FFS. To plan an attack against America or American interests you have to be based in Iraq do you? Iraq was not a "safe haven" for terrorists, Saddam had a real bee in his beret about fundamentalists. Why is this statement still being foisted about, especially in the wake of Sec. Powell's words on the matter?

What Middle East reformers are these? The Coca-Cola Company? Let's face it, they've had more success in re-shaping the Middle East than this administration.

Gosh that's neat. I can't see the Elephant , because my fingers are in my ears and my head is in the sand.

Arrrrrrrgh fugg it. I can't be arrsed to comment on the rest of it, it's full of paradox , confusion, hyperbole ,contradiction , rah-rah bulls*it and self-defeating argument, and my p*ss is red-lining.

He didn't by chance deliver this in front of yet another 'safe' audience did he?

3. Well I think PTP, despite a hemorrhage, has just about got it right.

4. Because Abdul Aziz Hakim the leader of SCIRI and de-facto leader of many of the Shiite Militia is going to win big, come the December elections. The Americans and the British cannot afford to alienate the Shiites, especially if the Americans want to withdraw come 2006. The aim of the Cairo conference seems to have been trying to bring enough Sunnis on board to allow for some kind normalisation in relationships beween the civilian Sunni leaders (and *cough* the 'nationalist' insurgents), the Shiite leadership and the Americans.

5. Bugger.... yes, didn't think of that....

I hate being outwitted by the Shaved Chimp.

Tricam.

6. Stupid is as stupid does ;-)

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Well, it seemed a suitable thread to air this one in :

[​IMG]

Heavyweight cotton

Colour BLACK as pictured

Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL and XXL(' A fine tent Effendi...I give you 3 goats for her ' )

Price: available to ARRSE Telic veterans for a knock-down....I dunno......£13:50 each, with profits to RBL ?

FREE TELIC MEDAL GUARANTEED NOT TO BE INCLUDED WITH EVERY SALE !!!

PM me with size if yr interested and I'll put a consolidated order in.

8. It good to see he's a man of conviction and all about staying the course though isn't it

rewind the clock 6 years and change the conflict to Kosovo

George W. Bush, 9/4/99:

“Victory means exit strategy, and it’s important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is.”

George W. Bush, 5/6/99

“I think it’s also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn.”

seriously you could dress a dog turd in a suit and it wouldn't stink as much as that duplicitous f****r...

9. I really don't know where to begin with what so far appears to be an unmitigated abortion of galactic proportions. I'm in the middle of reading the document and have had to stop because its 0310 here, I'm knackered and I have just run out of antacids.

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hmmm.....bothersome analysis.....in the ever-needful interests of balance, this from the current Economist magazine:
    http://www.economist.com/opinion/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=E1_VNTQTTR
    All very well for the magisterial and dispassionate editorial teams in London and New York... - it ain't likely to be their sons and daughters inside those black bags....

Le Chevre

11. The Troops should be told how great is mr.Bush

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article331611.ece

12. Anyone else noticed that Bush and Cheney will now only speak to highly controlled audiences? Nearly all of Bush's speeches these days seem to be in front of troops who can act as props for the cameras and can't ask him hard questions.

13. when the shrub said 'Mission accomplished' he was talking about his re-election