BUSH HAS WON

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Ozgerbobble, Nov 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :(

George Bush won a second term as President of the United States today after his election rival John Kerry conceded defeat.

Democrat Mr Kerry is to make a statement at 6pm - Mr Bush will then address the nation an hour later.

The race came down to the outcome in the crucial swing state of Ohio.

But with Mr Bush leading there by more than 100,000 votes, Democratic Senator Kerry accepted he was beaten and threw in the towel.

It comes after White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card said the party expected Mr Bush to win a "decisive" 286 electoral college votes - 270 is the number required for victory.

Mr Card said everything depended on the key swing state of Ohio which Mr Bush was likely to win by a majority of 140,000.

He told supporters: "This margin is statistically insurmountable even after the provisional ballots are considered."

With the results of 47 states now in, Mr Bush has 274 electoral college votes to Senator Kerry's 242.

Earlier, one of President Bush's senior campaign managers said the Democrats were "delusional" for not conceding defeat.

But John Kerry's running mate John Edwards replied the party would "fight for every vote".

President Bush's re-election hopes were given a huge boost when he won Florida, scene of the recount debacle in 2000.

Record numbers of people - an estimated 110 million - turned out to vote in one of the tightest presidential elections for years

2. If true

Hurrah! :D take that Michael Moore! :twisted:

3. So, when are we invading Iran?

4. his 2nd year I reckon

place your bets now

be intresting to see if he brings back the draft

5. Congratulations to President Bush on his victory. Well done.

As well, I believe Senator Kerry deserves congratulations and commendations for being gracious in defeat and for not allowing this point of (minor) contention to become a rancorous source of division within his country.

Thankfully, the result in this election seems much clearer than in 2000. Now who is ready to speculate about a Rudy Giuliani/Hillary Clinton faceoff in 2008?

6. Nah, the one to see would be Hilary Clinton v Colin (kowlinn) Powell.

7. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

I'll swamp myself after he introduces the draft next month!

8. I second that. Nothing like a sore loser trying to claw his way into power by abusing the system. Didn't some shaved Texan chimp do that in 2000?

9. Wall Street Journal claiming it is a hoax...

10. great one by the BBC

"Vote divides the nation"

what, do ya think. Unlike over here, where every election clearly demonstrates the view of the people!

self-inflated pretentious liberal t*ssers.

Bush won by popular vote and by electoral college. Republicans won the Senate, the House and now a majority State Governors. I think the American people have pretty much spoken.

regardless of your views on Bush - he won, hands down. Democracy, if you don't like it move to Zimbabwe.

11. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Four more years of PG Tips at the white house.

Roll on Hilary in 2008

:twisted:

On the bright side Blair can't reintroduce National Service over here because his boss won't give hi the money.

12. Expect a good degree of wriggling by the Democrats about this concession - 'good of the nation blah, blah, blah, etc.' I wonder how Michael Moore is feeling right now? I imagine the Democrats' supporters must be astonished and devastated by this particular end - I really saw this dragging on and on.

This may see the death of the Democratic Party as it currently exists - I cannot see it recovering from the drubbing it has taken (Presidency, Senate, Congress). They are reaping the whirlwind of the Clinton Years, which were very good for Clinton but bad for America and very bad for the Democratic Party. Watch the party tear itself apart.

Can we expect a mass exodus of all the various limousine liberals who prattled-on about leaving the country?

Maybe it wasn't so clever to sneer at 'traditional conservative values'? Like I said some weeks ago, keep telling the 'Bush is a moron' jokes; you'll be telling them for the next four years.