Bush gives up golf in solidarity with families of war dead

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by redgrain, May 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At first I thought this was a joke, but sadly, it is not. How noble of him to make such a sacrifice. At least our leaders haven't sunk to this level of arrogance/stupidity - yet.

Bush gives up golf 'in solidarity' with families of Iraq war dead

President Bush says he gave up golf "in solidarity" with the relatives of more than 4,000 troops who have been killed in Iraq.

“I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he tells The Politico. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

The commander in chief says he decided to stop playing the game after an Aug. 19, 2003, bombing at the U.N. office in Baghdad.

“I remember when [Sergio] de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life,” Bush says. “I was playing golf — I think I was in central Texas — and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, ‘It's just not worth it anymore to do.’"

AFP, citing data that CBS News has collected, says Bush last played golf on Oct. 13, 2003.

2. Well thanks a lot. In solidarity with him I will stop stabbing the figure I have of him in Effigy.

What a twonk.
  3. I wonder if he could be encouraged to give up food, fluids and oxygen.

Edit: Was he any good at golf? Anyone know his handicap?
  4. Being an unbread, clueless, upperclass, simpering fucktard, degree buying, war dodging, simeian spackstain.

Godbless the country were this guy gets to be king.
  5. I found some website that said his golf handicap was 15.

So that's roughly on a par with his I.Q.
  6. Not defending the 'shaved chimp' in any way (he'll always be a slightly amusing feckwit) but at least he has the gumption to do something out of respect for those whom he 'commands'. What the feck have our illustrious politicians done? A quick one liner in the hallowed halls of power?

......."Blah blah the greatest armed forces in the world blah blah nothing but the deepest respect blah blah (mental note to self: must systematically destroy every facet of the armed forces what a pricey bunch they are) deepest sympathy for the bereaved blah blah."......

I've seen pictures of the 'shaved chimp' visiting with 'his' war wounded and the widows and the widowers, there is laudible proof that he has invested in his armed forces and raised the profile of what the troops are doing as oppose to what the politicians are doing.

We've got broon fecking about trying to bribe votes out of the electorate and feckin up the economy and the whole country is a shagging mess. Me personally I would love to see a politician stick his above the parapet and 'give something up' namely ........governance. In the absence of parliament ever growing a set, I'll just sit here and shake my sorry feckin head. Bush might be an arrse of the highest order but at least he supports his boys!

edited to add: '& girls'
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So you are suggesting that he's not actually an American, but a Spakstainian!
  8. Where exactly is Spakstainia?
  9. Is halfway between Fcukwitstan and Eejitstan...
  10. nice one Red :D
  11. So it took the shaved chimp two months from making the decision to quit golf to actually stop playing.
    Someone somewhere will have heard him state the real reasons for quitting.
    Bush is not making any personal sacrifice, of that you can be sure.
    And it's disgusting but unsurprising that he should be claiming to.
  12. Gives him more time for fishin'.
    From the White House Website (Pic taken Oct 20, 2007):
  13. Personally, I would have rather he had stuck to fishing, golfing, or running private companies into the ground rather than 'governing'. Were it not for him and Blair, these men and women would still be alive.
  14. Being pres he probably won anyway. Ike said the one thing he missed on leaving the White House was not always winning at golf.