Bush directs government to look into gas prices

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Apr 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2006-04-25T011614Z_01_N24337124_RTRUKOC_0_US-ENERGY-GASOLINE-PRICE.xml

Alarmed by a spate of road accidents , President Bush directed Congress to investigate manufacturers of roads :roll:

How long can this man keep his job?

2. 201700ZJan09- or 1000 days from tomorrow. And yes, I am counting.

Does anybody want to open a book on what the verdict is going to be?

3. Speaking of which:

For the past five years, health care costs have increased by nearly more than 70 percent. Under Bush, college tuition has gone up about 40 percent, even taking inflation into account. [Census, 8/05; KFF, 2005; College Board, 2005]

Family incomes are down four years in a row, with wages stagnant and increased debt. Real household income has fallen each year of the Bush Administration, for a drop of $1,669 since 2001. The median wage has been flat or fallen for three years in a row. A new report by the Federal Reserve Board shows that median household debt climbed 34 percent to $55,300, so that families were spending nearly 15 percent of their incomes on paying interest on their debt. Workers' buying power continues to erode as average weekly earnings have dropped in the last year in real terms.

But don't worry, the Paris Hilton Tax Cut will solve everything...

4. Now, CT, I'm a reasonable Spam and I'm not going to blame Bush and his minions for cost-of-living increases...I can't even blame the health insurance lobby (closely tied to the Bush administration) for an increase in health care costs.

But for manufacturing a war in Iraq, for nudging a formerly healthy national budget into a $300 billion debt, and for attempting to hijack the Supreme Court (and other maneuvers...hi, "faith-based initiatives") in order to make the United States a theocracy? That, I blame them for. :evil:

5. PTP!

Agree that roads are more important problem for USA than Iraqi democracy. At least there mr.Bush acts as a true statesman. As a construction of federal roads is being funded from the federal budget then it is absolutely natural that the president pays so much attention to this problem.

As for gas then and its prices then it is a very important issue too. It would be very logical if learned mr.Blair would concentrate his efforts on this problem too. If Russian Gazprom would be allowed to sell natural gas in the UK directly (without intermediates) then gas-supplies would be cheaper and more stable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4925682.stm

Why not to allow Gazprom to invest in the British economy. BP has 50% in huge TNK-BP joint venture. It is one of the largest oil companies in Russia.