Bush approves execution of Army private

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by pvtePile, Jul 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush has approved the Army's request to execute a soldier convicted of rape and murder, the White House announced Monday evening.
    Pvt. Ronald Gray, seen here in 1988, has been on the military's death row for 20 years.

Pvt. Ronald Gray, seen here in 1988, has been on the military's death row for 20 years.

Pvt. Ronald Gray has been on the military's death row at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, since 1988. His execution would be the first for the U.S. military since 1961, but the White House said it expects further appeals before the sentence is carried out.

CNN

2. Don't the crime... :roll:

3. *hums the a-team theme*

he's rubbish and deserves to die, if he was any good he'd have escaped by now to the los angeles underground, making a living as a soldier of fortune.

4. I for one am in favour of capital punishment...especially for rape and murder..no excuses!

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

4 murders, 1 attempted muder and 8 rapes? 20 years on death row? The only surprise is it took them that long to 'approve' to waste the fcuker. Thats U.S. 'Justice' for you though. I am surprised he wasn't 'accidented' whist in Leavenworth.

6. Of course there are. I can think of three.

7. Sorry, I didn't catch his name. And when was it again? Where's he been for the pst 20 years BTW, anyone know? :wink:

8. Is tfe penalty death by hanging still in their army? I heard once this was the case and the drop was always set at 6 foot (quick for some, very slow for others .... )

9. even slower if you were 6ft 2"

10. I bet those lads arrested on Okinawa are shitting themselves right now. Good.

11. Or decapitation. Hanging is still an optional method of execution in most US States, although some more enlightened States prefer the 'jab' as it's apparently less likely to fcuk up. Last person to be shot was in 1996.

Surely that story about one of the 12 men having a blank round so no-one knows if they killed the condemned is bollox. What about recoil?

12. There was a thread about the blank thing. IIRC it was decided that they would have to be given the weapon in a loaded state and then could only be in doubt up to the moment of firing. I suppose it could mean that they could claim they had the blank if confronted later. Either way, the combined power of ARRSE decided that it was complete BS.

13. Thanks: I've always suspected as much (I expect that it was suggested that they if they pre-loaded/prepared a rifle they could bugger about with the gas reg to make it kick a bit more - or shove some old potato up the barrel......and rejected!)

14. Of course, hanging can easily become decapitation if the executioner cocks his end up.

15. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

20 years and still a Pte makes me look like a flyer!