Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bus lane penalty charge notice

Buzz

LE
When was the last time you had a spanner in your hand?

Wrench Size And Conversion Table
When was the last time you put together an order for U bolts?

An AF to metric chart is about 9 million years out of date unless you are trying to work with old imperial fixings say on a car using new tools, yes you can get metric fixings in uneven sizes and some mechanical applications may spec them for various reasons such as strength size or the wall thickness of sockets in tight spaces but plain old off the shelf stuff out of the bag such as U bolts and anchor bolts and the like tend to follow the rule of 2mm steps in size.

Unless he is suggesting this was a bus lane sign from before the 1970's.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer

An AF to metric chart is about 9 million years out of date unless you are trying to work with old imperial fixings say on a car using new tools, yes you can get metric fixings in uneven sizes and some mechanical applications may spec them for various reasons such as strength size or the wall thickness of sockets in tight spaces but plain old off the shelf stuff out of the bag such as U bolts and anchor bolts and the like tend to follow the rule of 2mm steps in size.

Are you two going to fight! I would love to watch it, 'all spanners and blood everywhere!'

Shut up, you nit picking prick!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose it could be a Whitworth or BSF spanner. Be worth a fortune to a collector, being metric.

I've got boxes full of BSF & BSW spanners. Metric is so much nicer!

If I was a Pikey, I wouldn't bother with a spanner anyway, cut it off at the base with one of these:

Is it a 17mm spanner to change the blade?

Park a massive fertiliser truck bomb in the underground car park of the council offices containing the mainframe computer.

It's the only way to stop skynet and the rise of the machines.

Thank you. My invoice needs paying in 28 days.

Latest Threads