Bus lane penalty charge notice

Just received a bus lane penalty charge notice , £60 or 50% discount if I pay early , the thing is my mate was driving , he a Frog and is now back in France , on the paperwork there is a Statutory grounds for appeal sect it does not mention what to do if the car is being driven by a "friend " , shall I pass his address on in France , if he does not pay will they pursue me ? Ideas?

He was driving, pass it on to him.

Or claim you can't remember who was driving, apparently that's quite fashionable.

Just make sure it was 'legit' for him to drive...

Things to consider; Was he legally covered to drive......either as regards your insurance policy or as a French Citizen driving in the UK (an EU Licence isn't necessarily enough certainly regarding any insurance policy) ?

If he was then tip him the wink and inform the authorities accordingly. Why should they pursue you if as you say someone else was driving (You may need to also consider; can you provide evidence to suggest he was driving / you weren't driving at that time?)

You have French friends?

I'd have paid £30 just to keep that fact quiet...

Things to consider; Was he legally covered to drive......either as regards your insurance policy or as a French Citizen driving in the UK (an EU Licence isn't necessarily enough certainly regarding any insurance policy) ?

If he was then tip him the wink and inform the authorities accordingly. Why should they pursue you if as you say someone else was driving (You may need to also consider; can you provide evidence to suggest he was driving / you weren't driving at that time?)
Isn't it for them (not THEM) to prove this?

Just received a bus lane penalty charge notice , £60 or 50% discount if I pay early , the thing is my mate was driving , he a Frog and is now back in France , on the paperwork there is a Statutory grounds for appeal sect it does not mention what to do if the car is being driven by a "friend " , shall I pass his address on in France , if he does not pay will they pursue me ? Ideas?

He's a Frog!

He's Guilty!

Bubble his arse!

Between you & me & the readers of Arrse, I think that you were driving & are trying to get out of paying the fine!

Stay out of the ******* bus lane you dopey ****!

You have French friends?
I spotted that, but I took it to mean he'd whistled up a Frenchman to bring some tax-free booze over from France, and he was doing is patriotic as a Frenchman to drive his English better to/from the Pub.

'To the pub mon Milicien!

He's a Frog!

He's Guilty!

Bubble his arse!

Between you & me & the readers of Arrse, I think that you were driving & are trying to get out of paying the fine!

Stay out of the ******* bus lane you dopey ****!
The Bar* missed out when you went Traffic warden eh?

*Not the Traf.

Going from memeory, there is legislation of about 2000 which makes the owner liable if the driver is 'unavailable' Read the notice carefully as it may give a reference to this or the Act which you can then look up.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Or you could just pay the £30, quit the whinging and when you next see him, get the cash back from him.

Consider the time and effort required to avoid paying the charge. It will probably work out simpler and easier to cough up and avoid wasting your time.

Rodney2q

Better read the ticket closely. £30 ??? Could it be £130 but with a 50% discount you pay £65? If it's London then it'll be £130 (£65).

Just noticed that Bradford do issue £30 tickets. Fkn London council barstewards. :eye:

Ask to view their evidence, saying you do not recall the incident and are not completely sure who was driving at the time, and this would be useful in allowing you to help them. If there is no photographic evidence, it makes their claim weaker.

Ask to view their evidence, saying you do not recall the incident and are not completely sure who was driving at the time, and this would be useful in allowing you to help them. If there is no photographic evidence, it makes their claim weaker.
Also worth checking the time. Heard of tickets issued in error outside the operating times of a bus lane.

Just pay it,it may save you a day in court(when they summons you as the owner of the vehicle) during which time you'll lose a days pay/travel expenses/leave day etc.We get these at work for the hire cars and the hassle of trying to get rid of them is not worth it for 30 notes..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
REMEbrat Current Affairs, News and Analysis 16
Legs Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 3
Jip Travolta The Intelligence Cell 0