Bus full of Nurses.

Try being on this bus it is getting a bit funky

Who gave the bloody map to one of the women, I was told they left Guilford in 1988 so they might be a bit older now, sure it will be worth it though. :twisted:

B

Biscuits_AB

The bus full from Rinteln never did show up.

(I seem to recall that there was a lengthy thread on this about 2 years ago. Still funny though.......as we all fell for it!)

Biscuits_AB said:
The bus full from Rinteln never did show up.

(I seem to recall that there was a lengthy thread on this about 2 years ago. Still funny though.......as we all fell for it!)
Was this con played at Gib or something? I'll take note ;)

No R.E. Rinteln B.M.H in Germany.No matter how many times I heard they were coming and never fecking did I always believed they would one day...even when the shut the bloody thing down!

I apologise for intruding on your thread, but the title conjures up memories of life, for me, in the early 1970's. I lived in a Nurses' Home in central Portsmouth. With frequent regularity, we would hear the call "Party!! Bus arriving in 5 minutes". I had it down to a fine art: bath, hair, make-up, trapping gear ..... in less than 5 minutes. And we would be transported to: Officers' Mess, Nigerian Ship, Policemans' Ball ...... whatever. Happy days ........

They're figures from legend, like the Lady of the Lake, or the Angel of Mons. It would be interesting to know when the first sighting was recorded. They've been on the road since at least 1978, to my certain knowledge.

Your best chance is to stake out a Post Office on a Thursday. They must be knocking on a bit by now, due for their OAP pensions. If they ever do arrive anywhere, I bet they get off that bus wearing pacamacs, sporting three LS&GC's a piece, and smelling faintly of wee-wee.

I remember on exchange with the Austrian Army, we were winding the new lads up about the "legendary bus" and what appeared around the corner??, a bloody huge touring coach!! "Staffy told toms to get naked and advance towards it, as it had been the first time in 22years he'd had eyes on "The Nurses"!!! red faces all round when the new Sappers discovered it was a coach load of Austrian Pensioners on a bus tour. The really funny thing is they actually believed it was full of nurses,

Its worth remembering that in this PC day and age, nurses can now be male as well as female.....be careful WHAT you ask for, you might get a nasty surprise!! :wink:

methilman said:
Its worth remembering that in this PC day and age, nurses can now be male as well as female.....be careful WHAT you ask for, you might get a nasty surprise!! :wink:
Ah yes, Meths, similarly, in this Bliary/Broony "enligtened" age,

"Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true!"

<deep macho voice ON>
Not that I am that way inclined, oh no.
<deep macho voice OFF>

Edited for clarity or something - whatever

staaken said:
methilman said:
Ah yes, Meths, similarly, in this Bliary/Broony "enligtened" age,

"Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true!"

<deep macho voice ON>
Not that I that way inclined, oh no.
<deep macho voice OFF>
Good one staks, too true, too true!

Ahhhh, nurses and Rinteln - such happy memories.

To be spoken in the same hushed tones as 'teachers' and 'Detmold' .........

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
methilman said:
When you have waited as long as we have for that fabled bus, who cares? Will take our pleasure where we can.

I saw the "Nurses Bus" once...I swear I did. It was one cold winter night on stag in Germany, it was misty, never seen mist like it, almost couldnt see my mug of coffee in front of me face.

All of a sudden I heard this noise...it sounded like a gaggle of crows moving at speed, when out of the mist came this glowing bus...it was so close i could touch it..I swear.

It was packed to the brim with wimmin and before it vanished again I heard some dulcit tones yell "OI squaddie getchoor cock out!!!" followed by evil cackling. Ive never seen the like again and more than likely never will. 8O

C

cloudbuster

The teachers from Detmold never came to any of our do's, and we were in Detmold.

Having said that, in the 13 years I spent in Detters, we got one visit by the Rinteln fanny-bowser. Not terribly impressive, but hey, a shags a shag.

Bambi said:
Ahhhh, nurses and Rinteln - such happy memories.

To be spoken in the same hushed tones as 'teachers' and 'Detmold' .........
Daughter delivered in BMH Rinteln, '82. Outside for crafty fag, no buses in sight - sh1t, the only time they deploy, I'm having my nose pulled off my face by a drugged up Mrs S - whingeing and whining about how tough childbirth is, FFS.

Teachers in Detmold....ok.

"Screechers" in Berlin ....run! Fcuk, they definitely fell off the Giant Redwood Ugly tree.