Bus full of Nurses.

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by EL-PIMPO, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will that minibus full of Nurses from Rinteln ever turn up? I've been waiting a while now.
  2. Sorry for keeping you waiting, I'm still going the emergency "layby" drills with them.
  3. Try being on this bus it is getting a bit funky
  4. Who gave the bloody map to one of the women, I was told they left Guilford in 1988 so they might be a bit older now, sure it will be worth it though. :twisted:
  5. The bus full from Rinteln never did show up.

(I seem to recall that there was a lengthy thread on this about 2 years ago. Still funny though.......as we all fell for it!)
  6. Was this con played at Gib or something? I'll take note ;)
  7. No R.E. Rinteln B.M.H in Germany.No matter how many times I heard they were coming and never fecking did I always believed they would one day...even when the shut the bloody thing down!
  8. I apologise for intruding on your thread, but the title conjures up memories of life, for me, in the early 1970's. I lived in a Nurses' Home in central Portsmouth. With frequent regularity, we would hear the call "Party!! Bus arriving in 5 minutes". I had it down to a fine art: bath, hair, make-up, trapping gear ..... in less than 5 minutes. And we would be transported to: Officers' Mess, Nigerian Ship, Policemans' Ball ...... whatever. Happy days ........
  9. They're figures from legend, like the Lady of the Lake, or the Angel of Mons. It would be interesting to know when the first sighting was recorded. They've been on the road since at least 1978, to my certain knowledge.

Your best chance is to stake out a Post Office on a Thursday. They must be knocking on a bit by now, due for their OAP pensions. If they ever do arrive anywhere, I bet they get off that bus wearing pacamacs, sporting three LS&GC's a piece, and smelling faintly of wee-wee.
  10. I remember on exchange with the Austrian Army, we were winding the new lads up about the "legendary bus" and what appeared around the corner??, a bloody huge touring coach!! "Staffy told toms to get naked and advance towards it, as it had been the first time in 22years he'd had eyes on "The Nurses"!!! red faces all round when the new Sappers discovered it was a coach load of Austrian Pensioners on a bus tour. The really funny thing is they actually believed it was full of nurses,
  11. One day ... I'll never give up ... I'll always live in hope. They must of had a punture or something.
  12. Yeah a bloody huge puncture then ;) NVM they'll arrive by the time they're 60 :p
  13. Its worth remembering that in this PC day and age, nurses can now be male as well as female.....be careful WHAT you ask for, you might get a nasty surprise!! :wink:
  14. Ah yes, Meths, similarly, in this Bliary/Broony "enligtened" age,

"Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true!"

<deep macho voice ON>
    Not that I am that way inclined, oh no.
    <deep macho voice OFF>

Edited for clarity or something - whatever
  15. Good one staks, too true, too true!