Burst length when using the GPMG

#1
It's research for computer games time again. As per the normal for my questions, feel free to tell me to do one if the answer is likely to be sensitive.
I did debate putting this in the computer games forum, but it struck me that there would be more people here who would know the actual answer rather than the latest COD value

Anyway:
How many rounds to a burst when using the GPMG in the light role? I'm thinking that it's three to five but I have no real evidence
Likewise, how many rounds to a burst in the SF role. 15-25? Youtube videos imply that sort of length but I can't tell if this is usual or hamming it up for the camera.

Any help greatly appreciated.
 
#4
incendiarycutlery said:
It's research for computer games time again. As per the normal for my questions, feel free to tell me to do one if the answer is likely to be sensitive.
I did debate putting this in the computer games forum, but it struck me that there would be more people here who would know the actual answer rather than the latest COD value

Anyway:
How many rounds to a burst when using the GPMG in the light role? I'm thinking that it's three to five but I have no real evidence
Likewise, how many rounds to a burst in the SF role. 15-25? Youtube videos imply that sort of length but I can't tell if this is usual or hamming it up for the camera.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Why don't you join up and find out? :roll:
 
#8
yes im only a loggy but reccently had a GPMG range weekend and normal rate of fire is bursts of 3-5 rounds I believe, again will happy stand corrected if wrong. but bursts arent controlled by the gun (unlike some weapons i believe) theyre controlled by the trigger finger of the operator.
 
#9
tank6275 said:
yes im only a loggy but reccently had a GPMG range weekend and normal rate of fire is bursts of 3-5 rounds I believe, again will happy stand corrected if wrong. but bursts arent controlled by the gun (unlike some weapons i believe) theyre controlled by the trigger finger of the operator.
Then fcuk off to the RLC forums!! I don't come in there talking about DROPS and bacon butties do I?
 
#13
Whiskey_60 said:
tank6275 said:
yes im only a loggy but reccently had a GPMG range weekend and normal rate of fire is bursts of 3-5 rounds I believe, again will happy stand corrected if wrong. but bursts arent controlled by the gun (unlike some weapons i believe) theyre controlled by the trigger finger of the operator.
Then fcuk off to the RLC forums!! I don't come in there talking about DROPS and bacon butties do I?
haha very good and educated response. but at the end of the day we're all soldiers no matter what trade only difference is im a soldier with a truck. your man asked a question and i believed i knew the answer and replied accordingly, doesnt make any difference what forum its in.
 
#15
tank6275 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
tank6275 said:
yes im only a loggy but reccently had a GPMG range weekend and normal rate of fire is bursts of 3-5 rounds I believe, again will happy stand corrected if wrong. but bursts arent controlled by the gun (unlike some weapons i believe) theyre controlled by the trigger finger of the operator.
Then fcuk off to the RLC forums!! I don't come in there talking about DROPS and bacon butties do I?
haha very good and educated response. but at the end of the day we're all soldiers no matter what trade only difference is im a soldier with a truck. your man asked a question and i believed i knew the answer and replied accordingly, doesnt make any difference what forum its in.
Yes, you are a soldier - but you aren't an INFANTEER.

Now get me a brew on.
 
#16
tank6275 said:
Whiskey_60 said:
tank6275 said:
yes im only a loggy but reccently had a GPMG range weekend and normal rate of fire is bursts of 3-5 rounds I believe, again will happy stand corrected if wrong. but bursts arent controlled by the gun (unlike some weapons i believe) theyre controlled by the trigger finger of the operator.
Then fcuk off to the RLC forums!! I don't come in there talking about DROPS and bacon butties do I?
haha very good and educated response. but at the end of the day we're all soldiers no matter what trade only difference is im a soldier with a truck. your man asked a question and i believed i knew the answer and replied accordingly, doesnt make any difference what forum its in.
"WATCH AND SHOOT, WATCH AND SHOOT!"
 
#17
Hmmm. It was more helpful in here the last time.

It's either the timing or the subject.

The game in question is a wargame rather than a wannabe first person shooter, so the player does not have direct control over the individual soldier.
 
#18
incendiarycutlery said:
Hmmm. It was more helpful in here the last time.

It's either the timing or the subject.

The game in question is a wargame rather than a wannabe first person shooter, so the player does not have direct control over the individual soldier.
If you make me the main bad guy, a hard talking pimp with multiple attractive semi-naked birds hanging off me whilst wielding twin gold plated GPMGs with uranium enhanced rounds then I'll give you the correct answer.