Bursary scheme advice please.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by peanutbasher, Sep 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I thought that I would apply go on the bursary scheme so that I can finish college whilst waiting for an intake date for my 1st job choice. However I have now been told that if my 1st or 2nd choice jobs have no current intake dates then I will be offered my 3rd job choice and will have to accept this at the end of my college course. Does anyone know if this is correct or not. Thanks
  2. Who told you? If it was a recruiter then it's probably accurate information. If it wasn't a recruiter, I wouldn't be so sure.
  3. There is no definate job offer at the end of the bursary scheme....if you successfully get past the interview you do everything as per all applicants and have to pass with at least a b grade by may with good attendance at college plus passing college course.....if you meet all requirements you get the 1000 pound and go on awaiting allocation list then if your doing a second year at college you complete the second year and once completed do a refresher one day adsc and get your further 1000 pounds then your earliest enlistment date would be ammended to suit college finish date but no guarantee of dates
  4. Thanks for this. I'm just starting my second year of course now. So to clarify can I still hold put for my first job choice if I get a grade b or above at Adsc even if this is not immediately available?
  5. Yes and your grade lasts for two years, you will just be on awaiting allocations list with your IDST score then get allocated in turn and all your Recruiter will do is put an earliset enlistment date down for after you finish your college course.
  6. Thank you for your prompt response. I'll speak to my recruiting officer and say that I'm willing to wait it out for my first job choice.