Burqas, Bum-Boys & Scousers: Is Boris an Arrse member?

MrMemory

War Hero
This Grauniad article from earlier in the year lists BJ's apparent 'gaffes' ( ie that which others might describe as plain speaking). Looking at the language he uses there seems to be a remarkable similarity to that which often appears on the more fruitier Arrse threads. Makes you wonder if he might actually be a member?

Jan 2002
He said that the Queen loved the Commonwealth “partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies”.

Jun 2002
Compared same-sex marriage to polygamy and bestiality. “If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog,” said Johnson. Four years before, Johnson described gay men as “tank-topped bumboys” in his infamous Telegraph column.

Oct 2004
Condemned for publishing an article as editor of the Spectator in which Liverpool fans were blamed for the 1989 Hillsborough disaster. “That is no excuse for Liverpool’s failure to acknowledge, even to this day, the part played in the disaster by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground that Saturday afternoon.” It also claimed that people in Liverpool “wallow” in their “victim status”.

July 2013
Suggested that a rise in the number of Malaysian women attending university was down to their desire to find a husband. The comments came after the country’s prime minister had proudly told people at the World Islamic Economic Forum at City Hall, London, that 68% of women in Malaysia would be entering higher education that year. Johnson then interrupted him to suggest the female students “have got to find men to marry”.

Oct 2015
Knocked a 10-year-old schoolboy to the ground while playing touch rugby at an official event in Japan. The then mayor of London had been racing down a mini turf pitch in Tokyo when he took out Toki Sekiguchi. After a brisk handshake, Sekiguchi was up and running again.

April 2016
Won “most offensive Erdoğan poem” competition, two months before he was appointed foreign secretary. The limerick, for which he was handed £1,000 by the Spectator, described the Turkish president having sex with a goat.It went: “There was a young fellow from Ankara, Who was a terrific wankerer. Till he sowed his wild oats, With the help of a goat, But he didn’t even stop to thankera.”

Jan 2017
Caught on camera reciting a colonial-era poem by Rudyard Kipling in front of local dignitaries while on an official trip to Myanmar. Johnson, who was accused of “incredible insensitivity”, had been inside the sacred Buddhist site the Shwedagon Pagoda when he began murmuring the first verse of The Road to Mandalay, which includes the line: “The temple bells they say / Come you back you English soldier.”

August 2018
Came under fire for describing Muslim women in burqas as looking like “bank robbers” and “letter boxes”. Making the comments in his Telegraph column, Johnson also called the garments “oppressive” but added that Britain should not follow other countries in banning them in public. “If you say that it is weird and bullying to expect women to cover their faces, then I totally agree,” he said. “I would go further and say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes.”

Last edited:

anglo

LE
This Grauniad article from earlier in the year lists BJ's apparent 'gaffes' ( ie that which others might describe as plain speaking). Looking at the language he uses there seems to be a remarkable similarity to that which often appears on the more fruitier Arrse threads. Makes you wonder if he might actually be be a member?

Jan 2002
He said that the Queen loved the Commonwealth “partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies”.

Jun 2002
Compared same-sex marriage to polygamy and bestiality. “If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog,” said Johnson. Four years before, Johnson described gay men as “tank-topped bumboys” in his infamous Telegraph column.

Oct 2004
Condemned for publishing an article as editor of the Spectator in which Liverpool fans were blamed for the 1989 Hillsborough disaster. “That is no excuse for Liverpool’s failure to acknowledge, even to this day, the part played in the disaster by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground that Saturday afternoon.” It also claimed that people in Liverpool “wallow” in their “victim status”.

July 2013
Suggested that a rise in the number of Malaysian women attending university was down to their desire to find a husband. The comments came after the country’s prime minister had proudly told people at the World Islamic Economic Forum at City Hall, London, that 68% of women in Malaysia would be entering higher education that year. Johnson then interrupted him to suggest the female students “have got to find men to marry”.

Oct 2015
Knocked a 10-year-old schoolboy to the ground while playing touch rugby at an official event in Japan. The then mayor of London had been racing down a mini turf pitch in Tokyo when he took out Toki Sekiguchi. After a brisk handshake, Sekiguchi was up and running again.

April 2016
Won “most offensive Erdoğan poem” competition, two months before he was appointed foreign secretary. The limerick, for which he was handed £1,000 by the Spectator, described the Turkish president having sex with a goat.It went: “There was a young fellow from Ankara, Who was a terrific wankerer. Till he sowed his wild oats, With the help of a goat, But he didn’t even stop to thankera.”

Jan 2017
Caught on camera reciting a colonial-era poem by Rudyard Kipling in front of local dignitaries while on an official trip to Myanmar. Johnson, who was accused of “incredible insensitivity”, had been inside the sacred Buddhist site the Shwedagon Pagoda when he began murmuring the first verse of The Road to Mandalay, which includes the line: “The temple bells they say / Come you back you English soldier.”

August 2018
Came under fire for describing Muslim women in burqas as looking like “bank robbers” and “letter boxes”. Making the comments in his Telegraph column, Johnson also called the garments “oppressive” but added that Britain should not follow other countries in banning them in public. “If you say that it is weird and bullying to expect women to cover their faces, then I totally agree,” he said. “I would go further and say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes.”
“There was a young fellow from Ankara, Who was a terrific wankerer. Till he sowed his wild oats, With the help of a goat, But he didn’t even stop to thankera.”

Epic, nice one Boris

I bet Prince Philip approves of some of those comments

Like them or loathe them, for the last 100 years or more, there's been a surfeit of memorable characters. In 10 years time, there will only be nonentities.

He has a lot in common with Gross Admiral Lord Shortt so he would, at least, have his own wikki page.

Yes, Boris is an ARRSEr, hes one of the moderators.

Yokel

LE
The Guardian you say? Exactly how much tax have they paid in the UK recently? Not that they would do anything like using offshore accounting to avoid social responsibilities of course.

I guess it is the age we live in, you just cannot say or write anything these days!

I can see a Trump similarity here .
The more the metropolitan liberal elite attack him the more determined the rest of the country is to vote for him .

Latest Threads