Burning the Koran.....

Fucking joke if you ask me, of a sentence. Whilst people who burn poppies simply to get a similar reaction get a 50 quid fine.

Stick your Muslim appeasement up your ass.

Its a fucking book! Just because some backward inbred fucking mouthbreathers believe it has magical powers doesn't make it so. Would he have been jailed for burning 1984, a far more important book in my opinion?

Its a fucking book! Just because some backward inbred fucking mouthbreathers believe it has magical powers doesn't make it so. Would he have been jailed for burning 1984, a far more important book in my opinion?
aye & the cunts had the fucking crass audacity to ban mein kampf.fucking daft cunts.

Couldn't he just have used hexy like everyone else?

aye & the cunts had the fucking crass audacity to ban mein kampf.fucking daft cunts.
Not in the UK it isn't. And before I'm accused of being anti-muslim or similar nonsense I could care less if he had burned a Bible, Torah etc. They're books, the tit should by all means have been charged for disturbing the peace for doing it in a public space without permission but a hate crime? Do fuck off.

How many UN staff died this month because a bunch of savages just thought that idiot Terry Jones burnt a Koran?

These things have far reaching effects - and I'd hold a soldier and erstwhile politician to account for knowing that and punish him accordingly.

Yes, it's just a book. Yes, the libertarian model means we're entitled to our freedom to read it or burn it. But when the motive is out-and-out hate and provocation I don't get too misty eyed when someone gets banged up for playing macro politics on a micro agenda.

So if he'd burned a bible would there have been a case to answer?

No, thought not.

Sooner or later, to paraphrese Enoch Powell, 'I see the Tiber foaming with blood.'

It will come to this, 'You're either for us, or against us.'

I suspect it will be a pan european affair.

And we thought NI was a rough religious affair.

Think you'll find this is the important bit "religiously aggravated harassment and theft of a Koran from a library" so no not just for burning a Koran. Plonker.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm sure this could have been dropped and the chap given a caution.
I suspect his previous form may have counted against him.

The court heard the defendant had six public order convictions between 2002 and 2010 including racial chanting at a football match and assault with intent to resist arrest.

Judge Chalk said: "You are a man who has a history of violence and disorderly conduct"
Sounds like a total bellend to be honest.

How many UN staff died this month because a bunch of savages just thought that idiot Terry Jones burnt a Koran?

These things have far reaching effects - and I'd hold a soldier and erstwhile politician to account for knowing that and punish him accordingly.

Yes, it's just a book. Yes, the libertarian model means we're entitled to our freedom to read it or burn it. But when the motive is out-and-out hate and provocation I don't get too misty eyed when someone gets banged up for playing macro politics on a micro agenda.
I'm just personally weary of 'hate crimes' in general seeing them as superfluous and only aggrevating the racial and religious differences in society. Any crime that isn't committed for obvious financial gain is a hate crime regardless of the colour, faith or sexuality of the victim or offender.
I believe that what this guy did was wrong but I believe that he should have been charged with theft and disturbing the peace end of. Instead all that the CPS have done is create a martyr for the EDL and co and riled up the Daily Mail readers.