Burkha Bandits

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stand by for calls to ban them!
  2. What is it with men dressing up as a woman to hide their identity??

Didn't the Talibna do it to escape in Op Panther's Claw maybe they got the idea from them???? :D
  3. If motorcyclists have to take their helmets off it seems not unreasonable that they have to take their hoods off.
  4. They should but isn't there something that says they have a 'right' in a free country that they can wear what they want and its discrimination if told otherwise?? :?

5. Why not? Liebour bans everything else!
  6. If you want to dress like Batwoman, move to Gotham City.
  7. Isn't that in Sweden?
  8. I personally think that burkha should be banned in the u.k. it is a security risk , If ladies want to wear a hi jab then this is much more way of being modest .
  9. Could just be a fund raiser for the BNP coupled with an attempt to get ninga kit banned.
  10. Don't take my ninja kit away from me.
  11. I don't think they should be banned outright, but they should not be allowed to be worn in places that would demand other kinds of face/head coverings to be removed. Special treatment for religious sects is divisive.

On a personal point of view, I hate the burkha. There is no way I can even feel comfortable in the company of someone hiding their face, let alone trust them. It also seems to me that they are a muted insult to the rest of society and possibly a form of oppression of the wearer. That is all just subjective opinion though.

12. Nobody is totally free to wear what they want - there are always limitations. People are not free to wear the swastika, for obvious reasons.

And the comparison is not as absurd as it seems. The burkah is not only an overt symbol of female subjugation, but it has also become the battle-flag of jihad.

13. Perhaps I should remind everyone that the Koran does not say 'cover your body', what it actually does say is 'cover your breasts'.

And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear veils over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need of women (eunuchs), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women. And let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known. Koran [24.31]

There was a Greek-inspired fashion abroad at the time of young women displaying their breasts, as a sign of youth and fecundity. Muhummad did not like it, for some reason - presumably because the Middle Eastern Persian custom, prior to the Greek Seleucid era, was for covered bodies (even for men).

Wearing the full burkah is a symbol of the patriarchal nature of Islam, and the subjugation of women, rather than the original tenets of Islam.

14. I say ban islam from this country.