Burger Me! Lotto Winners Keep Jobs

Emma, who lives in Splott, Cardiff, with her parents Marilyn and Peter, discovered the win on Thursday and called her partner at work.
They seem to be very down-to-earth about it. Nice story. It makes a refreshing change from the usual splurges.

Mind you, if I lived in a place called Splott, I wouldn't tell anybody about it.

MsG

'They planned to spend the win - enough for 688,365 Big Macs - on a house so they can settle down with their two-year-old daughter Chloe, two.'

Surely if she were their two year old daughter then she would be two!

I think I would have carried on for a bit if suddenly richer. Take time to assess wha to d. Then, sure as little eggs, would come the day when some obnoxious director would detail me to do something in that condescending manner they have. I would obtain tremendous pleasure in loudly telling him to 'fcuk orf'

robref said:
'They planned to spend the win - enough for 688,365 Big Macs - on a house so they can settle down with their two-year-old daughter Chloe, two.'

Surely if she were their two year old daughter then she would be two!
Haha! Poor writing.

I think at this moment, if I won big on the lottery and had enough money to not work again if I was sensible with the cash, I'd still join the Army. You might call me mad, but to be honest, it'd never be about the money for me. I'm earning more money now than I will for a good few years in the Army (I think I'd have to be at least LCpl, dunno how long that'll take me) But I'd go mad unless I was doing something with my life, and if I was jobless I'd need a HUGE amount to keep myself entertained. But if I was a millionaire as a Pvt in the Army, you'd bet I'd keep it quiet!