Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bundeswehr orders 31 Sea Tigers

So in lieu of the Marineflieger taking their First NH90 NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter) Sea Lions over the last year replacing the Legacy Sea King. So it’s now their Sea Lynx is being replaced by yep you guessed it another NH90 NFH this time called Sea Tiger and 31 airframes being ordered .

Two does go into One

cheers

Wildcat is simply too expensive and too small to gain the market share Lynx did.

Wildcat and Mh-60R Seahawk were competitors.

However I think you’ll find NH90 is more expensive than Wildcat with the latter is 26m quid while NH90 is 39 million euros.

cheers

However I think you’ll find NH90 is more expensive than Wildcat with the latter is 26m quid while NH90 is 39 million euros.

cheers

I'm probably misremembering here, but, wasn't there lots of problems with the NH90?

I'm probably misremembering here, but, wasn't there lots of problems with the NH90?
There were and are ....and depending on which operator you talk to. The colonials down under not happy and looking for replacement, the Kiwis seem ok (one of my clients contacts flew Kiwi NH90).

French haven’t complained,

Germans ummming arrging..,

Spain seems ok re their FAMET army aviation and as a First their Air Force took delivery of NH90 for CSAR replacimg the Super Puma.

Swedes grumbled hence why they quickly bought UH-60M while awaiting their high cabin NH90 TTH delivery for Afghan ops. they haven’t said much about their NFH one delivered the other year.

Norwegian Navy / Coast Guard haven’t said nowt

Dutch were not happy for corrosion issues and they had fatal accident out in Carribbean in the last year.

Omani had an accident and loss of NH90 but haven’t heard rumbles from them .

Finland seem ok. ..their NH90 are a Star at RIAT since 2013. Met their crews over the years and even Military Helicopter International and they seem Happy enough.

Italy seem ok, mates son flew it in their NFH variant for their Marina and he hasn’t complained ( he now flies HEMS in civvy street).

cheers

cheers

cheers

But not made by Wastelands / Bae / used by HMAF and is therefore double plus good

Latest Threads