Bundaberg Polar Bear adrift!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by smallbrownprivates, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In Australia, floods hit Bundaberg and Maryborough, impacting sugar cane production.

This is serious.

For those who don't know, this area is the home of "Bundy" AKA
    Bundaberg Rum AKA The bear that smacks you round the head, shits in your mouth, steals all your money, trashes your room and leaves a hippocrocadilla pig in your bed (it's name is to do with an evily smiling animal on the label - often the last thing squiffy eyes see as they slide floorwards off the table.

Bundy is like the Buckfast of the antipodes, but slightly more socially acceptable (well, for aussies....) And its brewed by proper pissheads not celibate teetotal monks.

Buy all the stock you can, clear the shelves and hoard it. Kevin Bloody Wilson doesn't sound the same without a good slug
  2. Bundaberg draught rum and coke.

Had two pints of it in Brisbane where I have been told it is now banned.

Great drink, fucking horrible price to pay re : Psychosis, needing to hit everybody and the utterly fucking horrible hangover.

The drink of champions.
  3. Done the distillery tour back in 1987, bought the proverbial bottle at the distillery, supped the lot over the next couple of weeks. Lovely stuff, must source some out then if it's likely to become scarce. Especially as they'd already been hit hard in 2011 with similar floods...
  4. Got me hankering after a few scoops of the stuff again. Contemplated making my own (3 parts toilet duck 4 sachets of motorway sugar and some boot polish) but decided to go on line for some and stumbled across this;

Bet it's a bit too salty for my taste but others on the site may like it.
  5. Not everyone goes mental on Bundy. I'm quite a pleasant harmless drunk.

It's when I'm sober that you need to be careful.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Might get rid of a few cane toads.
  7. Tastes like fucking antiseptic so it must be good. I'm an aggressive, short-tempered, angry cunt all of the time so it doesn't seem to affect me. The hangover is fucking brutal though.

I don't know why its so popular, a bottle of Mishka is cheaper and gets you just as wankered. Tastes almost as shit, too.
  8. Wot Eric Shawn said. Paint stripper with a caramel/koala-bear-shit after taste. It's cheaper to go to the local garage and get a pint of 20W40. Swing past the local chemist and pick up a pint of industrial strength rubbing alcohol. Mix and -ahem- enjoy.
  9. Yes, because amphibians fucking hate water don't they.
    You daft...
    • Like Like x 1
  10. It did, but the cane fields didn't. I suppose it depends how it will affect cane crops. Had they already harvested them before the storms came?
  11. Oh Gawd, I'd almost managed to forget about Bundy - the usual final tipple in Ned Kelly's in Hong Kong before the inevitable blue kicked off.
  12. I actually found it a pleasant, refreshing and easily (too bloody easily) quaffable drink.

After 2 pints of it I was in no state to fight anybody but others on the same drink started becoming very punchy, not Brits, Aussies.

As I said previously, I heard it had been banned in Bris, is this true and is it only the draught version?
  13. I don't think so, Mate. Wonder if there's any footie on? :?

frog_header.jpg Menacing Toads.jpg
  14. I could be wrong but I think the cane crush kicks off around October.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)