Bunch of swindling bastards

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pyianno, May 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Happened to me when I lived in Hounslow. Fucking wanker of a dentist did it when I was in total pain and put an emergency filling in.
    I bet most of it is when you have an emergency app for tooth ache.

Tossers.

2. Dentistry is a license to print your own money,,,And yes they do damage your teeth in order to have you come back for treatment on damage that they have caused.....I Hate them....

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not only do dentists trouser the money they make by forcing patients (who are often in severe pain) to go private, but if the work they do is shoddy there is little the patient can do.

If the work is NHS then the work carried out can be inspected and the dentists pulled up if the work is not up to standard. Often can be heard the pleas of dentists that they are held back by NHS red-tape, where in fact what they mean is they don't want their work checked and inspected. If you go private, ask your dentist what checks are in place to ensure a good standard of treatment. My guess would be - not much!

p.s. not all dentists are crooks, but with few balances and checks, who really knows?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Of course the alternative is looking after your teeth all by yourself... just saying.

5. With these?

fencing pliers.jpg

6. No, the alternative is to make the playing field level. Price lists, licenses, auditing and compulsory nhs and military service to retain your license and mandatory number of years UK public practice before you get your qualification to take abroad?

7. The care I receive from my NHS dentist is pretty good. Over the last few weeks I've had six teeth removed, fillings, clean and polish etc plus a full top set of dentures. Total cost £209. Not once pressured to go private. After care has been good too. Luck of the draw I guess.

8. I have no idea if my treatment is required or of a good standard. Just that she's a slim blonde in her late 20's with a cracking set of chebs. Only problem is when I tell I have a swelling, she keeps looking in my mouth!

9. Mines a slim Czech brunette milf with a sexy east eurpoean accent. And luckily, she is a very good dentist too. NHS all the way.

10. ""No, the alternative is to make the playing field level. Price lists, licenses, auditing and compulsory nhs and military service to retain your license and mandatory number of years UK public practice before you get your qualification to take abroad? ""Should every graduate who has received a state funded education also then have to work for the NHS or military and work for the public sector? No, thought not. No-one says economics graduates have to work for the citizens advice bureau do they so why are dentists different? Pharmacists have their training subsidised as do chiropodists, don't find many of them working for NHS clinics do you? After all a pharmacy is a business just as a dental practice is.Dentists told the government this contract was a farce but not only would they not listen, they failed to carry out a single pilot study so we could show them how it wouldn't work.And no, not pliers, maybe a toothbrush, less sugar and fewer cigarettes. I know scores of dentists who haven't had a check up for years, they also look after their teeth and don't stuff their faces with shite expecting it to be fixed at public expense.

• Like Like x 1
  11. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Went to Sheikh Mo's dentist whilst in AD. She was horrified by the standard of British dental care, so if you can afford it, go private.

Or end up looking like Shane MacGowan.

12. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Best dentist I ever had was a very well endowed young lady. She put me at ease right away as she enveloped my head in those glorious boobs. All thoughts of anticipated pain went clear out of my head as I concentrated on maximum contact.

I recently needed partial plates top and bottom. My NHS dentist quoted £1700 because I wanted chrome bases (lighter and less obtrusive than the acrylic type I could have had for £200.) I decided to get a few quotes and ended up with a private dentist who charged £900 and they are the most comfortable gnashers I've ever had - except for the originals that came free!

13. Because they cost many multiples more to train up.