Bunch of swindling bastards

Happened to me when I lived in Hounslow. Fucking wanker of a dentist did it when I was in total pain and put an emergency filling in.
I bet most of it is when you have an emergency app for tooth ache.

Tossers.

Dentistry is a license to print your own money,,,And yes they do damage your teeth in order to have you come back for treatment on damage that they have caused.....I Hate them....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not only do dentists trouser the money they make by forcing patients (who are often in severe pain) to go private, but if the work they do is shoddy there is little the patient can do.

If the work is NHS then the work carried out can be inspected and the dentists pulled up if the work is not up to standard. Often can be heard the pleas of dentists that they are held back by NHS red-tape, where in fact what they mean is they don't want their work checked and inspected. If you go private, ask your dentist what checks are in place to ensure a good standard of treatment. My guess would be - not much!

p.s. not all dentists are crooks, but with few balances and checks, who really knows?

No, the alternative is to make the playing field level. Price lists, licenses, auditing and compulsory nhs and military service to retain your license and mandatory number of years UK public practice before you get your qualification to take abroad?

The care I receive from my NHS dentist is pretty good. Over the last few weeks I've had six teeth removed, fillings, clean and polish etc plus a full top set of dentures. Total cost £209. Not once pressured to go private. After care has been good too. Luck of the draw I guess.

I have no idea if my treatment is required or of a good standard. Just that she's a slim blonde in her late 20's with a cracking set of chebs. Only problem is when I tell I have a swelling, she keeps looking in my mouth!

I have no idea if my treatment is required or of a good standard. Just that she's a slim blonde in her late 20's with a cracking set of chebs. Only problem is when I tell I have a swelling, she keeps looking in my mouth!
Mines a slim Czech brunette milf with a sexy east eurpoean accent. And luckily, she is a very good dentist too. NHS all the way.

""No, the alternative is to make the playing field level. Price lists, licenses, auditing and compulsory nhs and military service to retain your license and mandatory number of years UK public practice before you get your qualification to take abroad? ""Should every graduate who has received a state funded education also then have to work for the NHS or military and work for the public sector? No, thought not. No-one says economics graduates have to work for the citizens advice bureau do they so why are dentists different? Pharmacists have their training subsidised as do chiropodists, don't find many of them working for NHS clinics do you? After all a pharmacy is a business just as a dental practice is.Dentists told the government this contract was a farce but not only would they not listen, they failed to carry out a single pilot study so we could show them how it wouldn't work.And no, not pliers, maybe a toothbrush, less sugar and fewer cigarettes. I know scores of dentists who haven't had a check up for years, they also look after their teeth and don't stuff their faces with shite expecting it to be fixed at public expense.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Went to Sheikh Mo's dentist whilst in AD. She was horrified by the standard of British dental care, so if you can afford it, go private.

Or end up looking like Shane MacGowan.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Best dentist I ever had was a very well endowed young lady. She put me at ease right away as she enveloped my head in those glorious boobs. All thoughts of anticipated pain went clear out of my head as I concentrated on maximum contact.

I recently needed partial plates top and bottom. My NHS dentist quoted £1700 because I wanted chrome bases (lighter and less obtrusive than the acrylic type I could have had for £200.) I decided to get a few quotes and ended up with a private dentist who charged £900 and they are the most comfortable gnashers I've ever had - except for the originals that came free!

No-one says economics graduates have to work for the citizens advice bureau do they so why are dentists different?
Because they cost many multiples more to train up.

The Mem Sahib had to have a couple or crowns because of an accident. She was advised to go private as the crowns were better quality and lasted longer. It cost her £1100. At the same time the dentist said the tooth next door had been damaged and needed root canal work.

Because she was having discomfort and because she had developed a lump on her gum she had made a number of enquiries with her original dentist who told her it was nothing to worry about. Her original dentist has since left the practice and she was seen by a new dentist for her routine check-up. He was concerned about the lump and the lack of root canal work which should have been carried out at the time. He asked her who her original dentist was and, when she told him, he made an expression of distaste whilst rolling his eyes. He told her that the root canal work had not been done or, if it had, had not been carried out successfully and that he would have to clear out the root canals then have her back to carry out an apicectomy.

When she went to have her root canal work carried out the dentist said he could not proceed with it because he had found a piece of broken instrument lodged in the root canal. It would appear that when the original work had been carried (nearly five years ago now) out the instrument had broken and her then dentist had just abandoned his procedure and left the broken piece of instrument in place without telling her. The dentist who is currently carrying out this work said the root canal work should have been carried out at the time. We believe that it was the original dentist’s failure to carry out this work which has resulted in tumours forming in the upper gum above her front teeth. They have taken samples and have warned her that there is a possibility that these lumps may be cancerous. She has also been warned that she may lose the whole tooth.

She has been told that the work currently being carried out will cost her £700

Clearly most dentists are fine, mine is an excellent guy and I trust him implicitly. The Mem Sahib's original dentist moved to another practice and then went back to his native country. We don't know why he left our practice but it was either because he was crap or he left and since then they found he cut corners. Either way we're pretty upset about the possibility of malignancy but even more upset that it's costing £700 to put right the original dentist's mistakes. The senior practitioner should be responsible for the work of his juniors and, at the very least should rectify mistakes for free.

Is it safe?

Had a real butcher of an Army dentist in germany. I was never scared of dentists til I met him. There would have been uproar if they'd sent him to work in the POW camps in the Gulf War.

Big sympathy for Markintimes missus,
three friggin years i,ve had a tooth give me jip .its been filled ..root canaled and x-rayed so many times I'm started to glow at night,they keep telling me there's nothing wrong with it! well if thats the case how is it that it feels as if its going to explode and there's an elephant stood on it? it's got to the stage where it has taken over my life, canutes the lot of them.