Bumping into Old Blokes......

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jack-daniels, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ....there I was, chucking ales down my scrawny throat in London today and bumped into the Colonel who was in charge of my P Coy in 1983....bizarre as you like, he hadn't changed one bit except that he wasn't wearing one of them blue PTI type tops....anyone else had a close encounter of the past kind?

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Funnily enough, I've been staying in a hotel for the past couple of nights and the barman is none other than a lad we all used to bully at school for being a bit fat.

Personally I had him down as someone who'd end up topping himself, so it's nice to see his made it this far and got himself a job.

He's still fat.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 5
  3. Did he give you a free ale though?
    With my encounter I had the feeling he just wanted to put us back on the log on the training area! Our course must have done ok though as two of the blokes are now Lt. Generals!

4. Not really bumped into anyone, but for some reason it hit me the other day, that the lean, mean fighting machine, troop staffy that took me through basic in 1977 is now likely to be nearly 70 years old, frightened the crap out of me.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

"If you sit by the river long enough you will see the body of your enemy float by".
    Harry Potter.

• Like Like x 3
  6. In the Far East and joined a submarine by parachuting into the South China Sea, dragged over the casing and when dived, the first person I met was head shed Amphibious Warfare who, when I was a boy in the RN had been my Captain on a destroyer 15 year before. A bit embarrassing being led around the boat and him telling all and sundry that he and I were once shipmates.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Did you dream that?!

8. TheIronDuke

I defer to your superior knowledge of Waterloo Station. A piss stinking south London shithole that I avoid unless I have business down Hampton Court. Where I own a pub. I do this once a year. With the accountant. Then I find an excuse to fuck off back north to civilisation.

Can one still buy flowers outside of Waterloo station? Or has the old Pikey criminal cunt who used to flog them finally succumbed to cancer? I heard he had.

"If you sit by the river long enough you will see the body of your enemy float by".

9. TheIronDuke

Like you would touch anyone who lived in the South/South West, much less shake hands? Please.

10. When I visited Ho Chi Minhs gaf last year I was introduced to an ancient bloke who said he was a mate of Ho Ch Minh. At least that what I thought he said. However LBFM said that the bloke said that he was a mate of a mate of a mate of Ho Chi Minh. So it was all bollocks really. If you do the math it turns out that I have a 1 in 5000 chance of catching herpes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cottaging eh?

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheIronDuke

I was walking past St. Pancreas Station just the other day when I looked up and thought "You look familiar". Then I released I built the bastard.

Memory can play tricks, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheIronDuke

I am saying nowt. Fucking nowt.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sounds like you're on about Buster Edwards the ex Great Train Robber. He ran a Flower barrow outside Waterloo until around 1994 when he went and hung himself from a girder in a lock up garage down the Lambeth Road. The law were investigating him for fraud IIRC.