!!!!Bullying!!!!

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by parent, Sep 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My son started basic training a few weeks ago, he is really enjoying it but is upset that there has already been attempted suicides (he knows how this feels as he lost his step-brother to suicide) and people who wish to leave and just do not pull their weight. He has phoned me to say that he has been reported for bullying - I am not a mother who feels her son is always right, but one of the seniors does not like my son and is continually picking on him and has now accused my son of bullying one of the kids who attempted suicide (to the extent my son has now been given a written warning). This kid sits on the end of the bed playing with his mobile when they are cleaning the block and obviously the other kids shout at him to help (I personally would say far more - they are supposed to be working as a team - if you dont like it get out and let those that do get on) can that be construed as bullying?? The team (sorry dont know the right words!!) have been given punishments etc cos these kids are not pulling their weight and now my son has been given a warning. My son is a kid who likes to get on and if people are slacking he will shout at them to work harder, faster or whatever - is this right he can be punished for another kid being lazy and him shouting at him??? The kid who tried to commit suicide has told another leader that my son keeps shouting at him. My sons own leader has no complaints about him or his work. They have told my son he has two weeks and if he has another issue he will be out of the army.
    I personally feel the officer is bullying my son - he has told my son that he will do whatever he can to get him out of the army - my sons response was possibly not very sensible but he replied "if you are still here next year I will see you again as the army is my life" -to which the guy in charge repeated he would do all he could to get him out of the army.
    With an organisation as large as the army, bullying is very difficult to fight, but as officers they seem to have the right to s*** all over kids they dont like whilst they get away with it.
    Can anyone advise. I dont want to interfere as that would make matters worse but if anyone has been in the same position and can pass on advice I can give to my son it would be appreciated.

Just found this in another section - basically this is the type of thing that has been happening - the difference now is that because of all the crap that went on with the sun the army have takena firmer stand and my son is suffering cos some lazy kid cant hack it.

LBdr_Pigshagger wrote:
    Whenever I look at the pictures, or see the interviews of the 'soldiers' that have been 'bullied' , I see the same identi-kit puny little f*cker that every section/troop/platoon etc has in Basic Training.

You know the one. The c*nt whom everyone (EVERYONE) wonders what they're doing there.

They can't run, can't or won't learn to iron, get the whole section extra room inspections because of their ineptitude and are always the sort of person that you end up bulling their boots for them, setting out their locker out and ironing their kit just so the rest of you don't cop the punishment.

Amazingly, a vast percentage of these f*cktards actually make it through Basic Training. I bet they make it through in spades, now.

And God forbid you get one on an operational tour. One bloke that fits the above criteria got a 'Dear John' from some old slapper he'd doinked a couple of times on leave. This was way back in 1994, pre-ceasefire.

On a patrol around Aughnacloy, He put his LSW down and burst into tears saying he wanted to go home. We had to drag him back to the SF base kicking and screaming where he took a bit of a dig from our brick commander. We were f*cking livid with him for putting us all in danger and pretty much nobody in the troop spoke to him.

Later on that night, he cried and hung off my bunk bed because I wouldn't let him have the remaining credit on my phone-card.

This was a matter of principle. He used to hoover up the spare phone cards and would even take out AR Payments so he could wait in the queue to buy extra ones.

In the SF base, there was an unwritten rule that the welfare phone was restricted to a ten minute call if there was a queue. This f*cker took the urine on a regular basis and people were always banging on the door of our room to get us to 'sort out our sprog before someone decks him'

I never hated him, but in a way felt sorry for him because for the life of me I couldn't see why he'd joined the forces. He just wasn't suited to the life. I often spoke to him when we were paired up on Sangar Duty, but he despised me be because I never let him get his head down on stag like most of the other blokes, who were grateful not to have to put up with him for two hours.

In the end, he was transferred back to UK because of his 'mental state' There was never anything wrong with him, he was just a s*** soldier who thought the whole world was against him if he couldn't get his own way.

He got out about a year after the tour ended and lo and behold, turned up in The Sun a few years later as 'someone who left The Army because of the bullying culture' photos and all, during the original investigation into Deepcut Barracks. He said The bullying that he recieved in The Army, both physical and mental, would scar him for the rest of his life

I was utterly agahst at the nerve of the bloke and contacted The Sun as someone who served with the bloke to 'refute' his story and add a few balances to his 'so called' version of events. I told them I could put them in touch with at least ten other people that would corroborate my version of events.

They didn't want to know.

There's no more bullying in The Army than there is anywhere else. Every company has its bullies and every company has its victims. You can suss them out in no time at all.

2. Hmmmm...

3. Journalist?????

4. Hmmmm....

5. If this is genuine then you have a responsibilty as a parent of a junior soldier to find out exactly what is going on. Contact the Adj and see if he/she can throw some light on the situation.

6. I agree with Devilish.

A lot of things can be misconstrued as bullying.

I got accused of bullying a trainee simply because as one of the floor NCO's in the singlies block I told a scummy fcuker who never showered, changed his bed linen, washed his civvies or brushed his teeth to sort his life out. It was a verbal warning from me and no more. I didn't threaten him with violence (as much as I wanted to) either. I got hauled up in front of the RSM (Matelots and RSM's are very wary of each other :D) and was asked to explain my side of the story. Which I did. I walked out of there about 15 seconds later a free man.

I do believe the scummy scrote is still in and is still an unhygenic fcuker who plays the bullying card everytime someone tries to sort him out.

7. My son is concerned that if I say anything it will make things worse for him.
    Sorry to be so thick but who/what is the ADj?

8. P*ss off journo scum

9. I HOPE THAT LAST POST WASNT AIMED AT ME. COS IF YOU ARE THE SORT OF S***S MY SON IS HAVING TO DEAL WITH NOWONDER THERES NO JUSTICE OUT THERE. I AM ASKING FOR LEGITIMATE ADVICE ON BEHALF OF MY SON AS I DO NOT LIVE IN THE UK AND FEEL VERY ISOLATED FROM HIM AT THIS TIME.

YOU SOUND LIKE JUST THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO HAS PUT MY SON IN THE POSITION HE IS IN.

10. Ignore him he is a git.

11. what are you an illegal immigrant or one of those gits that hates england and moves away and then when it all goes wrong begs the brits to help them Kuwait in 1990 for example

12. WHAT I AM IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS - AND WHERE I LIVE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS - HOWEVER SO YOU DONT GO GOBBING OF ABOUT INMIGRANTS ETC - YES I AM ONE OF THOSE THAT DONT LIKE ENGLAND BUT THAT IS IRRELEVANT IN THIS ISSUE - MY SON IS A MEMBER OF HER MAJESTIES ARMED FORCES AND WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE BEING SO - EXCEPT A***H***S LIKE YOU ARE MAKING IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR HIM.
    I HAVE ASKED A LEGITIMATE QUESTION AND WOULD APPRECIATE YOU LEAVING THE FORUM ALONE UNTIL SOMEONE COULD ANSWER IT FOR ME.
    YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY THE TYPE TO BULLY PEOPLE (YOU ARE TRYING TO VERBALLY BULLY ME) SO I CANNOT HOPE TO GET AN ANSWER REGARDING THE PROBLEM FROM YOU.
    JUST GO AWAY AND PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE AND LET THE BIG PEOPLE TALK.

13. Parent

I'm telling you dont bite with him or this post is just going to go around in circles. you need to speak to the ADJUTANT (ADJ) of your sons unit before you can do anything else.

14. Parent, any offer of advice I was willing to give you has been quashed due to your anti England remark. If your son has your attitude he's in for a rough ride.