Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by B_AND_T, Mar 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I have to hold a debate with the Det Jnrs as part of their training and the topic I have to lead on is Bullying. I though I would start here as the place is full of kids, like me and my juniors.

A. What do you class as a bully?
    B. What types of bullying are there?
    C. What causes someone to become a bully?
    D. Can you stereotype a bully?
    E. By being a bully is the person hiding some sort of failing?
    F. Why does a bully create a pack following?
    G. What causes the pack mentality of bullying?
    H. Are the pack hiding some sort of failing?
    I. Should bullying be reported?
    J. What should you do if ignored?

I know they are rather sweeping questions but your input would be appreciated, if nothing I could use it as a comparrison with my juniors.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

2. You know my thoughts on all of your questions. I'd PM you but the big boys have put me on the naughty step.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I know the thread, I was looking for something more in depth.
  4. Shut it you twonk and give me your dinner money:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'll have a big mac meal. Thanks.
  6. B&T is buying.
  7. Have you thought about covering Cyber-Bullying? I know many will say 'You can just turn the computer off' but a lot of people, addicted to Facebook/Arrse etc don't see it that way. If your unit has a Equality & Diversity advisor, they should have some info from their course on it. Also try the Bullying/Harrassment helpline (94391 7922/01264 381 922) - More for reporting it, but they may be able to give guidance on where to find training materials.
  8. Who are these "det jnrs" anyway? Who is debating bullying and why?
  9. If it's anything like the last det I was in, they have some crazy ideas about "Det Bonding", where some poor sod has to give a presentation and make a dick out of themselves.

B_and_T, just give them the questions and say "Discuss", then enjoy your cup of tea.

I had to give a presentation on Reports and Returns on JPA. I nearly fell asleep myself.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Ah, Sis. You are your own worst enemy. We have had this discussion. I shall try and have a word with my important friends, but no promises. RoPs must be dreadful for you. I wouldn't know. I have never transgressed.

Back to the OP... yeah, an interesting question. If I may ask, who posed / phrased the questions? You? Or somebody else?
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

One assumes the Det Juniors are.... shit. Lets not go there with the Det Juniors concept. I am daft tash averse.

Wassname is debating bullying for some sort of presentation. Personally, I am more interested in the questions.
  12. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

People learn far more by taking part than simply listening to a discussion group where, ironically, the dominant ones do most of the chatting and steer the debate their way.

Therefore, you can take it in turns sitting one of them in the middle of the room, giving them both barrels of abuse. Especially if they're fat and ginger. Afterwards you can ask each of them how they felt being on the receiving end. The bonus is, the more victimised they feel, the more tempted they'll be to bully someone else when it's their turn in the hot seat.

Stay clear of racism though. Only Lenny Henry and Stephen K Amos can get away with doing jokes solely based on skin colour.
  13. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru