Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

bullying in the infantry

Dont worry the people on this forum are trying to lull you into a false sense of security....

Before you know it you'll be naked with roll mats on your arms being kicked in the face by corporal for having a small pr1ck.

Armed

I was bullied twice as a young boy soldier just off my mothers tit,
at that time I had never raised my voice to anyone, so you can say, that I was a real weed.
When someone tried a third time to bully me, it was about ten months into my training. I whacked the bully across the face with my S.L.R. breaking the butt over his head,
I can tell you no one has every bullied me again since that night in the barrack room forty years ago, it did me some good, if you cant take it get out, get back on to your mothers tit.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AuldYin said it OK - If you sign up for a heavy-duty mob like the infantry, then you've gotta cop some heavy-duty treatment. Forget about getting a good night's sleep if you're a rookie. Once you've shown you can take it - and you've taken part in a few ops with the old sweats - they leave you alone: you're one of the lads. Proving you're one of the team is the hard part - nobody's gonna take you at face-value. Once you've proven yourself, you've got mates for life. And they'll put their lives on the line for you, and you'll do the same for them. Hope that clears up a few civvy tree-hugger misconceptions. Cheers.
Cliff.

'Lamp swinging alert'... When I joined, our QM (t) was a genuinely scary bloke: one of those guys who was actually relaxed and pleasant, because nobody dared screw with him.

After a while, when he'd decided I wasn't a total knob, we had a few beers together.

He told me of his experience with bullying: he'd joined as a national serviceman, and had been beaten up regularly for a week or so by a big twat who thought it was clever... He finally decided it had to stop, so the next night he waited until about 3 am, and, with an accomplice, snuck up on the guy, armed with a fire bucket and a pick helve (remember them? :wink: )

The bucket was rammed sharply, firmly, and in a soldierly manner, over the guy's head as he lay in his pit, and then the pick helve was used to play a couple of tunes on the bucket... :) He wasn't bullied again after that. Top bloke.

Reminds me: wasn't there a gunner subaltern who was 'psychologically damaged' by having a rose pushed up his backside??

Nibbler said:
'Lamp swinging alert'... When I joined, our QM (t) was a genuinely scary bloke one of those guys who was actually relaxed and pleasant, because nobody dared screw with him.

After a while, when he'd decided I wasn't a total knob, we had a few beers together.

He told me of his experience with bullying he'd joined as a national serviceman, and had been beaten up regularly for a week or so by a big twat who thought it was clever... He finally decided it had to stop, so the next night he waited until about 3 am, and, with an accomplice, snuck up on the guy, armed with a fire bucket and a pick helve (remember them? wink )

The bucket was rammed sharply, firmly, and in a soldierly manner, over the guy's head as he lay in his pit, and then the pick helve was used to play a couple of tunes on the bucket... ) He wasn't bullied again after that. Top bloke.

Reminds me wasn't there a gunner subaltern who was 'psychologically damaged' by having a rose pushed up his backside??
Far as I can see, he started with 2 major disadvantages: 1. He joined the Artillery; 2. He went for a commission. I could add a couple more, but I'll be polite & sign off. Cheers.
Cliff.

He should be more worried about getting his first bumhead, i can still smell the sh1t in my nostralls now -Love it ! -nothing like an un-wiped sweaty harris on your face.

Reminds me: wasn't there a gunner subaltern who was 'psychologically damaged' by having a rose pushed up his backside??[/quote]

Don't know about that but do remember a subbie getting a wine bottle stuffed up his sh!tter by a TA Lt (female). Twas a long long time ago in the mid to late 80's in Minden.

I was investigated for bullying in 2000, what a crock of poo, after a week of stress I was told I was only doing my job.

"PT Parade

Q - You havent shaved son

Bullyee - nah Q didnt have time so I never bothered

Q - No probs son mount behind the guard showing clean shave

Bullyee - Your bullying me

Formal allegation, formal investigation, Q found not guilty after a week, bullyee walks away laughing knowing he caused me shit

Why when anyone asks a straight forward question do I often see remarks such as fu-king journo, that kind of comment, for god sake this is a 15 year old cadet, asking a reasonable enought question.

Does being in the army make you paranoid?

Yes - nasty people shoot at you a lot...

Don't know about that but do remember a subbie getting a wine bottle stuffed up his sh!tter by a TA Lt (female). Twas a long long time ago in the mid to late 80's in Minden.

Hmm: no, I seem to remember that this was in Larkhill: I heard he was found blubbing over an ornamental cannon, or something. Might be complete balls, but it sounded like a real, as opposed to walting, story when I heard it: all quite sad, because in essence a bit of 'over-enthusiastic' introductory officers' mess 'induction' from fellow subbies led to this guy cracking up...

Was the wine bottle incident 'consensual'?? I can't see me letting a female do that without my consent...:roll:

If you can't take it you should not be in the the army go to the navy then.
You will be bullyed , but it is not , it is actualy diccepline and in the one way ore another you will bully some one in you r life .

So suck it up and show some pride For F**k sake , and just show the that you can take it .

Nibbler said:

Yes - nasty people shoot at you a lot...

Hmm: no, I seem to remember that this was in Larkhill: I heard he was found blubbing over an ornamental cannon, or something. Might be complete balls, but it sounded like a real, as opposed to walting, story when I heard it: all quite sad, because in essence a bit of 'over-enthusiastic' introductory officers' mess 'induction' from fellow subbies led to this guy cracking up...

Was the wine bottle incident 'consensual'?? I can't see me letting a female do that without my consent...:roll:

I don't believe it was "consensual", it hit the press about the 90-91 point. I also heard she topped herself a few years later, I have no idea and doubt very much if the 2 incidents were related.

I wouldn't say it was bullying.

HERE'S WHY

If you are Scottish, English, Welsh, Northern Irish, Jamaican, South African, Zimbabwean, Australian, Carribean, Fijean you will get the p1ss taken out of you because of where you're from!!!

If you are Tall, Short, Fat, Thin, Spotty, Walk Funny, Smell, Have big Ears, Nose, Teeth, Head, Eyes you will get the p1ss taken out of you for the way you look!!!!!

Unfortunately if you're GINGER you have the same rights as a prisoner in camp x-ray and are treated worse.

All that happens is you take it and give it back as good everyone laughs and gets pissed.

ITS THE WAY IT IS BECAUSE IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN!!!!!!

P.S. If I've missed anyone out its not because I'm Racist, Sexist, Fattest,(No you're fattest), but I am Gingerist but aren't we all.