Bullring collapse Colombia

Wow!

That is horrible
News her in the US is saying 4 or 5 dead and 500 injured. From what I saw in that video I would expect the death toll to climb as the emergency services work through the rubble.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind...

I detest this so called "sport"at the expense and stripping of dignity of these magnificent beasts.
I say that as a meat consumer but there is farming, and then there is utter brutality.
I'd rather not dwell too deeply on slaughter houses...yeah I know.
As bad as illegal pit dog fighting for me.
As far as I am concerned, The Great cloaked & sulphurous Purple One served it right up to them.
I'm sure there are those who disagree but that's fine.
It's banned in some Spanish cities I believe though not all.
Bottom line for me? Karma...with a shrug.

TractorStats

War Hero
I detest this so called "sport"at the expense and stripping of dignity of these magnificent beasts.
I say that as a meat consumer but there is farming, and then there is utter brutality.
I'd rather not dwell too deeply on slaughter houses...yeah I know.
As bad as illegal pit dog fighting for me.
As far as I am concerned, The Great cloaked & sulphurous Purple One served it right up to them.
I'm sure there are those who disagree but that's fine.
It's banned in some Spanish cities I believe though not all.
Bottom line for me? Karma...with a shrug.
Quite right. I absolutely hate the idea of it and I grew up on a farm, eat meat and have hunted game so I am not the vegan animal rights urban dwelling campaigner sort. The worst part is that in a traditional Spanish bullfight the bull is already severely injured before the matador steps in the ring. A man would stand no chance against an uninjured bull.

I don't wish harm on anyone but thousands of people packed in a stand watching an animal be slowly tortured to death is just wrong. The stand was clearly very badly built and appears to be no more than a scaffold of wooden planks and whoever built it needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Quite right. I absolutely hate the idea of it and I grew up on a farm, eat meat and have hunted game so I am not the vegan animal rights urban dwelling campaigner sort. The worst part is that in a traditional Spanish bullfight the bull is already severely injured before the matador steps in the ring. A man would stand no chance against an uninjured bull.

I don't wish harm on anyone but thousands of people packed in a stand watching an animal be slowly tortured to death is just wrong. The stand was clearly very badly built and appears to be no more than a scaffold of wooden planks and whoever built it needs to be thoroughly rewarded.
Gratis.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh dear.
I've fished and hunted most of my life, any animal or fish taken for the table is despatched quickly and humanely.

This lot, watching an animal being slowly tortured to death in the name of entertainment...feck 'em.

Well done Karma , fecking well done.

Looking on the bright side, the twats in ill fitting clobber and mickey mouse hats don't get it all there own way.

14007086-0-image-a-23_1558944799520.jpg

Blogg

LE
It's a Corraleja, which is an "informal" event where the public can enter the ring and try their luck with small bulls.

Hence the creature standing there amongst a mob of local halfwits. Only upside is that the bull just gets pissed off not killed or injured.

That pleasure appears to be reserved for the halfwits, in this case thanks to the "informal" nature of the construction

Hence the creature standing there amongst a mob of local halfwits. Only upside is that the bull just gets pissed off not killed or injured.
The bull seems to be hobbling in its rear legs before the camera pans to the collapse.

I hope it too the opportunity to have it away on its three functioning legs or at least get a bit of payback.

WTF happened to the guy in the white shirt at 0:36?
Fainted. Heart attack. Massive cerebral haemorrhage. Who cares?

I have no sympathy for any of the humans present.

The bull is trying to defend himself with a compound fracture of his left hind leg which would appear to be have been broken before the stand fell. At first I thought it had been tied up to hobble him but from the movement in the lower limb below the hock it's most definitely broken right through. Bastards.