Bullies

As I said in my original post, because of fairly strict teachers in the schools I attended any bullying I suffered was fairly mild, BUT when I lived in Shropshire I went to a small village school about a mile, using a footpath across another farmers field, from the farmhouse where I lived. Using the road it was nearer a mile & a half, this all year long, winter & summer & in all weathers. So no brainer, the short cut across the farmers fields was used.
Problem, this farmer had GEESE and they were often left to graze in one or the other of the 2 fields. Anyone who knows anything about these creatures will tell you they can be real bullies and attack and make a huge noise at anything strange or/and they don't like, hence the Romans apparently used them as guards and I found out much later in life, Ballantynes whisky used them to guard their bond, especially little 7 - 9 year old children. I found this out to my cost the first time I encountered the evil beasts, hissing & making a lot of noise the flock leaders attacked me, pecking at my legs & flapping their, to me, huge wings, I nearly s**t myself & did the all time, for a 7 year old, world record to the next style which I cleared without touching!
After that going to & from school was, to me, always fraught with the danger of being "bullied" by these f**king creatures until in my last year there my mother bought me a bicycle enabling me to use the road bypassing the fields.
This is a clip of the Ballantynes geese.

They're buggers! When we used to go to Castle Combe circuit we'd camp in the beer garden of The Bell Inn, Yatton Keynell. We'd sign in and the landlord would hold a 'private party' and have a lock-in for the locals.
He had geese in the garden and you had to avoid them whilst getting to the tents. One of the group wound them up by sticking his hands in his pockets, flapping his elbows and going "Honk! Honk!" Predictably, they went nuts. Steve went to dive in his tent only to hear 'ZIIIIP! as the zip got shut and held from the inside.
Cue many laps of the tents screaming "BASTARDS!", followed by mental geese.
The landlord's son had joined the RAF and was on leave one time and came out to see the car. The geese attacked him and without batting an eyelid he said "Fuck off" and swatted the gander, who gave up on the idea and cleared off with his gang.

As I said in my original post, because of fairly strict teachers in the schools I attended any bullying I suffered was fairly mild, BUT when I lived in Shropshire I went to a small village school about a mile, using a footpath across another farmers field, from the farmhouse where I lived. Using the road it was nearer a mile & a half, this all year long, winter & summer & in all weathers. So no brainer, the short cut across the farmers fields was used.
Problem, this farmer had GEESE and they were often left to graze in one or the other of the 2 fields. Anyone who knows anything about these creatures will tell you they can be real bullies and attack and make a huge noise at anything strange or/and they don't like, hence the Romans apparently used them as guards and I found out much later in life, Ballantynes whisky used them to guard their bond, especially little 7 - 9 year old children. I found this out to my cost the first time I encountered the evil beasts, hissing & making a lot of noise the flock leaders attacked me, pecking at my legs & flapping their, to me, huge wings, I nearly s**t myself & did the all time, for a 7 year old, world record to the next style which I cleared without touching!
After that going to & from school was, to me, always fraught with the danger of being "bullied" by these f**king creatures until in my last year there my mother bought me a bicycle enabling me to use the road bypassing the fields.
This is a clip of the Ballantynes geese.

The Ballantyne's geese are long gone. Stood down about 7 years ago.
It's possibly just as well as Pernod Ricard's Paisley employees have all been relocated to the old Ballantine's Dumbuck site, and I wouldn't have fancied their chances of surviving Christmas.

I bet 40- 70 years later, you can still remember the twats that gave you a hard time at school.....
Being happy and successful is the best revenge

Yokel

LE
Being happy and successful is the best revenge
It probably is, but the two main factors in determining success are social skills and self confidence. Persistent bullying undermines both and robs kids of their future.

When I was at school (early nineties) there was a group of hardcore offenders (and they did all become offenders) who decided none of the rules applied to them, but the school refused to kicked them out. Complain as you were attacked with a knife? No action. Get left out of sports teams? Your fault - have a face full of piss. Get in your face screaming and insults every day - no action.

It was a strange experience, seeing the way they bent over backwards to accommodate the miscreants. I remember a school assembly in which we were told that some kids were unable to follow the rules, so of you found yourself being injured to touched against your will, you had to accept it.

Some of us still wake up in the night, and have occasional flash backs.

It probably is, but the two main factors in determining success are social skills and self confidence. Persistent bullying undermines both and robs kids of their future.

When I was at school (early nineties) there was a group of hardcore offenders (and they did all become offenders) who decided none of the rules applied to them, but the school refused to kicked them out. Complain as you were attacked with a knife? No action. Get left out of sports teams? Your fault - have a face full of piss. Get in your face screaming and insults every day - no action.

It was a strange experience, seeing the way they bent over backwards to accommodate the miscreants. I remember a school assembly in which we were told that some kids were unable to follow the rules, so of you found yourself being injured to touched against your will, you had to accept it.

The twats that condoned that should have their pensions docked and their faces plastered over the front of the T.E.S
( pour encourages les autres)

A while ago some old mates and I met up for a one off reunion, we had known each other since 1961, and got to talking about the other lads in our school, two names kept cropping up, the class bully's, two totally obnoxious twats who made all our lives miserable. Now Both in prison. Another name came up, again a pupil who thought that the rules did not apply to him, killed, under suspicious circumstances. Our group 5 of us, still here, still mates, now all OAP,s.

WolvoExPunk

On ROPS
On ROPs

Imagine secretly recording that assembly and letting the local radio station have the tape. The head would be getting filled in big style by angry parents.

I was bullied pretty much all the way through school, until I hit puberty and became one of the tallest kids in my year (after being pretty much the smallest).
I remember being 8 years old and taking a beating from the bully's gang. I made it home, severely bruised and with torn uniform etc. My mum asked how I got into such a state; I told her everything about how every day at school was a nightmare due to this small gang of bullies, and I named the ring leader.

My parents new the ringleaders parents well, and I thought that they might at least have a word in their ear... the ringleaders mum came around the house that evening (for completely different reasons...) and my parents didn't say a word to her about it.

From that day (aged 8 ) I knew my parents didn't love me, and were not looking out for me. It affected every part of my life since tbh. I don't trust groups of men that I don't know, and has coloured how I look at the world.

I was bullied pretty much all the way through school, until I hit puberty and became one of the tallest kids in my year (after being pretty much the smallest).
I remember being 8 years old and taking a beating from the bully's gang. I made it home, severely bruised and with torn uniform etc. My mum asked how I got into such a state; I told her everything about how every day at school was a nightmare due to this small gang of bullies, and I named the ring leader.

My parents new the ringleaders parents well, and I thought that they might at least have a word in their ear... the ringleaders mum came around the house that evening (for completely different reasons...) and my parents didn't say a word to her about it.

From that day (aged 8 ) I knew my parents didn't love me, and were not looking out for me. It affected every part of my life since tbh. I don't trust groups of men that I don't know, and has coloured how I look at the world.
Your parents knew the score.

Your parents knew the score.

Gotta be the wettest post since Mothman got bullied by Sebastian in Spoons.

Mind you Mothman does lie a bit.
Screenshot_20191112-142555_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20191112-142311_Opera.jpg

After my divorce from Mrs Dave Mk1 she won custody of the lad but sometime later he ended up with me and Mrs Dave Mk2 at the age of 11. Through the first year of Comprehensive school I was often called to sit with him during break time to avoid him being bullied - the school was utterly useless at controlling bullying and my lad was picked on by constantly by 4 other boys.

During the summer break I got him into Ju-Jitsu classes and on the first day back of the new school year I was once again called to the school. Into the heads office I went and there's my lad with a big smile on his face - apparently he had been set upon as soon as he walked through the school gates, whereupon the first (and biggest) jumped him. My lad defended himself and then proceeded to give the bully a pasting and was apparently found sitting astride the banging his head on the floor. Of the others, one ended up in hospital with a broken arm.

The head was beside himself, he accused my lad of bullying the 4 boys who'd tormented him the previous year and was rambling on about assault, etc.

My lad was never bothered after that - moral of the story? Make sure your kids can defend themselves by getting them into martial arts classes to build up their confidence and self-esteem.

Edited to clarify some errors
I can think of two times I stuck up for myself against lads giving me a hard time, and two times I bested them.
Thinking back, alls either of them had was an excess of front and probably no-one had ever stood up to them.

I had a shit time in secondary.
/snipped/
Lasted about 30 seconds until the pent up frustration of the previous 3 years of misery exploded & I pulled a flick knife I'd been carrying specifically for this cnut to receive if he tried again.
It's a pity you used the knife as "3yrs worth of misery" would have changed this guys view of you... your simply standing up to him was enough.

I've found bullies and vandals who target your property only do so as long as it remains a retribution-free pass-time. If they've scratched the car and then ran into a broken nose, they'd be thinking twice before they touched your property again. They get by as they're anonymous fxxks.

I recently bumped into someone who bullied me in school in a pub. He didn't recognise me at all, I was a skinny little runt in school with long hair, and afraid of my own shadow.

He shit a brick when the very large, shaven headed, heavily tattooed bloke tapped him on the shoulder and said hello. I reminded him of our differing experience of comprehensive school and pointed out that he made my life a fucking misery.
(I'm about 3 inches taller and at least 6 stone heavier than the little fucker)

Little bastard legged it when I went to the bog.

WolvoExPunk

On ROPS
On ROPs
I remember once reading that bullying victims are attracted to careers in the Police, prison service, bouncers, bailiffs, and even the military. I wonder if any prison screw has met his old school bully, while welcoming a new batch of inmates, and decided what sh1tty job or anti-social cellmate he is gonna give him. Have any beiliffs had the fun of evicting that cnut from 5C who made his life a misery? Do any doormen, on spotting their old bully getting in bother with the local brawlers, wait and let him get filled in, before taking action?

QUOTE="Taffwob, post: 9485182, member: 109471"]
There was one kid in junior school I used to knock about with, from one of those families that had a reputation. Even his Mother would come home a bit dishevelled because she'd just had a fight with some women. Like all violent scumbag families they had an elevated sense of themselves. He didn't bully me as such, but he dominated his friends because he was a "hard knock."

Well, by the 3rd year of junior school I was moved class to separate me from him as I was fairly bright and being friends with him was wasting my potential. We went our separate ways and that was that.

Bumped into him in a pub aged about 18/19 he looked about 40 and worn down by life.

Googled his name a few months ago and there he was, doing time in the nick for burglary to fund his habit and multitude of offspring. Amusingly he got caught by the homeowner of his last "job" and held until the police turned up.
He was quoted as saying "Okay, I give up but please don't hurt me."

Not so much the "hard knock" anymore.
[/QUOTE]
Re: my bold. You had a lucky escape there.

Latest Threads