Bullets flooding Baghdad market

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DrStealth, Jun 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5081360.stm
    just a few points on this shockingly bad and patheticly alarmist article writen by a hack with absolutely no clue of firearms or the arms trade.

which dont include the cost of the weapon to fire them or the fact that THOUSANDS of rounds are fired off for everyone that hits its intended victim.

only 10% by amount (roughly) of all the international smallarms trade is the actual weaponry, IT ALLWAYS HAS BEEN MOSTLY ABOUT THE AMMO TO SUPPLY THE FIREARMS.

they are called ROUNDS of ammunition not 'bullets'

rounds of ammo can kill people! BAN THE BULLETS!...................ffs.

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Typical shoddy reporting and, of course, the only answer to all of this? Send lots and lots and lots of money to Oxfam.

Why didn't I think of that? After all, ammunition is such hi-tech stuff that no-one but evil advanced western countries can make it, and no-one would ever bother to manufacture their own....

Tosseurs the lot of them.

3. I've heard that the price of a Kalashnikov has risen to around 100 USD over the past few months, mostly through people buying them for 'personal protection'. Ammunition has probably risen proportionally in price.

I certainly can't imagine that there are more weapons and ammunition in circulation now, than there were in 2003.

4. The Beeb had to call them bullets.

Nobody there, has ever bought a round in their lives.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. All this talk of bullets, you'd think the Iraqis were seriously into handloading! Has there also been a run on Dillon, Hornady, Lee & RCBS presses? I am also reliably informed that Lapua make particularly fine 7.62 x 39 cases, so perhaps I should be taking our shares in them? or perhaps they're too upmarket, and they're using S&B. watch those tight primer pockets, guys!

Misinformed nonsense of the highest degree. No change there then!

6. i see what you did there, genius 8) 8) 8) 8)

7. you would need a time-out every 5 mins into the firefight to pick up the empty brass, you any idea of the cost of lapua componants!

8. Yes, which is why I don't use them!

9. I always thought a bullet was a mong...... Just goes to show! LOL

10. Jeez, how many rounds are they taking to get the job done. I bet none of them have apassed their APWT this year. What happened to 'one shot, one kill'?

11. A lack of international control over the global bullets trade is partly to blame for the spiralling bloodshed in Iraq, a report has found.

Good point. Invading the place and installing a foreign army of occupation really had nothing to do with it.

12. Don't forget to rummage for the fresh ones at the bottom.

They always put the crap ones on top.

13. How can you tell which ones are fresh? Do you give them a bit of a squeeze?

14. And the bullets.

15. You could always pick n' mix.