Built in Wireless

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Lancialfa, Dec 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening...

My laptop has gone up the swany. The built in wireless has stopped working. When i search for available wireles networks, its picks up nothing... absolutely nothing. Even when im sitting next to my wirless router! :frustrated:

Any body have any ideas.... please.... help!

2. may need to reset ur router or even cheek it wireless settings

3. This info may help... usually I can see the names of all the wireless networks in my area... i cant even see them.

4. msr

msr LE

Is it enabled in Control Panel -> System ->Device Manager?

5. I think so.... under network adapters right?

6. check its powered on in your setup (press del or f2 when laptop boots up)

As a matter of interest waht laptop is it?

7. A few suggestions:

Rebooting the machine?

Have you tried repairing the connection?

Turned wireless off & then on again?

Uninstalling & reinstalling the hardware? I can't remember how to do this, but I think it's done under device manager - make sure you have the drivers first - you can probably download them.

Have you installed any new pieces of software/hardware that might be causing a conflict?

Try typing in the details of the network you want to connect to, as if it's a closed/hidden network.

8. Okay..... Ive solved it.. theres switch on the bottom of my laptop which somehow must have been pressed... thank god its only that... or maybe its the lucky omen of arrse!

Thank you guys.

MODS feel free to delete.

9. That happened to me last week.

I then realised that the wee blue lit up "radio mast" button wasn't lit up.

It's obvious on a Presario as its near the power button - dunno about yours - but still easy to overlook when having a Mong moment.

Apart from that... Have you been good this year and written Santa a nice letter??

10. A very good boy!

11. MODS.....feel free not to delete so we can all laugh at this poor chap.

12. Your PC/Laptop has Parental Controls enabled???

My kids showed me how to set mine up - my eyesight is bad enough these days you understand...

13. Smudge I can remember when a "wireless" was wireless. :D

Huge sideboard looking thing (no - not sideys) expensive wood, sliding doors and a strip/guide to radio stations that ran almost the whole length of it.

Never could get Brussels tuned in...

14. True true, leave it on for prosperity... and show how computer enabled I really am!

15. Smudge I can remember when a "wireless" was wireless.

Huge sideboard looking thing (no - not sideys) expensive wood, sliding doors and a strip/guide to radio stations that ran almost the whole length of it.

and i thought i was really posh by owning one never mind roll on Antiques roadshow 2040