Build The Bismarck!!!! 1:200 scale- What A Scam!

Surely it’s not a scam, being done over or fleecing? The terms are all set out, anyone who gets involved do so willingly and aware of what bollocks they’re getting into?
Unless they’re a bit stupid, in that case it’s just another tax on the gormless and thick, like scratch cards, postcode lottery, bingo and fixed odds machines?

Does the Bismarck model include Swastikas painted on the deck, just like the real one?

Why build the loser?

Trumpeter do a 1:200 of HMS Rodney for £280 but the largest HMS King George V is Tamiya's 1:350 at £45 and up.

And there are any number of Swordfish kits around....
A model Swordfish would be ideal. Nice!

Why this Bismarck anyway? Why not a British warship such as HMS Belfast? In this PC age are we now expected to apologise for fighting the Nazis?

Is the navigator included?
1550337610488.png

Asking for a friend.

PS: You would get a surprise how many people bought the d'Agostini magazines and completed the models. I once had the conversation with out local newsagent and he said that they always had 3-4 orders for the full series.

'kin ell, that's a massive rip off.

Surely it’s not a scam, being done over or fleecing? The terms are all set out, anyone who gets involved do so willingly and aware of what bollocks they’re getting into?
Unless they’re a bit stupid, in that case it’s just another tax on the gormless and thick, like scratch cards, postcode lottery, bingo and fixed odds machines?
Not so, if you read the packaging all it does is set out the price of the first two copies of the magazine/parts. I personally couldn't see anything about further costs/ number of issues.
I may be wrong. They may be clearly set out in the magazine itself? I cannot say as I advised my mucker just to take it back and get a refund. RM

Not so, if you read the packaging all it does is set out the price of the first two copies of the magazine/parts. I personally couldn't see anything about further costs/ number of issues.
I may be wrong. They may be clearly set out in the magazine itself? I cannot say as I advised my mucker just to take it back and get a refund. RM
See second and last point points...

HOW WILL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WORK?

• Each month you will receive 4 issues delivered to your door with free P&P.
  • Each issue costs £8.99, with the exception of issue 1 at £1.99 and issue 2 at £5.99.
  • As part of your subscription benefits, one of your issues in your first delivery will be FREE and you will also receive 4 FREE gifts during the course of your collection.
  • No commitment - cancel any time.
  • Model complete in 140 issues.

How we get over £1200 for our model ship

Last edited:
I think that ship has already sailed?
Yeah, time to wave goodbye.

As a serious aside, who loves a nazi battleship sufficient to want to fill their bookshelves with binders-full of magazines on the thing as well as a bloody great big model of it cluttering up one’s fuhrer bunker?

Last edited:
Yeah, time to wave goodbye.

As a serious aside, who loves a nazi battleship sufficient to want to fill their bookshelves with binders-full of magazines on the thing as well as a bloody great big model of it cluttering up one’s fuhrer bunker?
You’d have to be an avid “Raeder”

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Move on, this is clearly a sunk cost. Spare a thought for Hitler. Someone sold him a Bismarck for about $1.4 billion in today's money and some oafs from the RN went and sunk it the first time he tried to play with it. If only he'd known that he could replace it for a couple of thou he might have felt happier about the whole thing.

I blame the magazine marketing department - personally I'd have sold it as a whole genuine Fuehrer experience thing, tripled the price and fleeced Stormfront - see how you feel when someone f@cks your supership, your chance to rage like Adolph, etc etc.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
See second and last point points...

HOW WILL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WORK?

• Each month you will receive 4 issues delivered to your door with free P&P.

• Each issue costs £8.99, with the exception of issue 1 at £1.99 and issue 2 at £5.99.

• As part of your subscription benefits, one of your issues in your first delivery will be FREE and you will also receive 4 FREE gifts during the course of your collection.

• No commitment - cancel any time.

• Model complete in 140 issues.

How we get over £1200 for our model ship

Ok, but where is that info if I were to pick it off the shelf in Rashid's convenience emporium? I could only see the first two issue prices. That's all I am saying. unless it was hidden in a microdot in the corner!
All well and good if you are geared up with interwebby stuff on your phone. The bloke I am on about and doubtlessly many more of whom the target audience for such a product are either.
Bottom line is the advertising is just quite simply going to lure people in (obviously).
Then the longevity of the project will ensure coin in the pot when consumers get bored.
We live in a click on demand, want it get it society. Instant coffee, pot noodles, amazon prime, on-demand tv world.

Who can really be arsed to fork out twelve and half hundred squids over 140 instalments to wait for their promised result. Very few. So the company is cashing in on making it's money quick sharp, to pay for the tv ads and initial outlay then for the consumer it is pretty much roll the dice.

No commitment cancel anytime? That automatically screams "don't start in the first place, as you will at some point be unhappy!"

Last edited: