Build date of Property

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by old_bloke, Jan 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trying to find out when some property was built.

Tried Zoopla and a few other housing sites but no joy.

Anybody know of a site that will indicate the build date of property?

2. I am not aware of any site like that and I doubt that it would be much use anyway!

Upload a photograph and we'll all have some fun guessing...

Black out the windows to keep the security boys happy... :grin:

Lits

3. Try somewhere exotic, like the local planning office, or ask the seller to see the deeds and plans.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have just viewed the Registry documents for a relative's house and it doesn't say anything about the age. I guess that will be down to whoever filled out the computer registration documents.

However, the paper deeds for my house show every transaction back to a grassy field.

Have you tried the neighbours and locals?

Lits

5. If your system in the UK is the same as here you will have an authority that holds the title deeds. For a small consideration (6 Euros here) you can obtain said deeds and a title plan.

See this link: Offices - Land Registry for England and Wales

6. If you are trying to get a Mortgage property build dates can be quite crucial. We bought a flat in a converted Victorian house (1890) and several Mortgage companies classified the conversion a "new build" and would not lend the money. I will never forget the Kafkaesque conversation with a certain lender (named after a midlands city heavily bombed in WW2 with a famous modern Cathedral) where they tried to explain to me how a building built in 1890 was new:)