Bugle Major Colin Green BEM

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by osta, Aug 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A sad day indeed for all members of the Light Div Family, after a long fight against cancer, Bugle Major Colin Green passed away last night.

God Bless a True Rifleman who fought to the last, now Rest in Peace. Swift and Bold.

Details of the funeral / Memorial service to follow in due course

Osta

2. Rest in peace to a brave man. I know what it is like to lose someone through cancer.

Tam

3. RIP Nosher. I grew up watching the Great showman Bugle Major and was lucky enough to then do some Sounding Retreats with you.

Thoughts are with your familly.

CELER ET AUDAX

4. I served under Colin during our Penang/Munster days. A great Bugle Major and Bugler. I never once saw him lose his temper (even after I'd tried to clean the Bell of my Bugle with wire wool)! In those days he was a "large" man and it was quite funny seeing him getting into his Fiat 500 car! Rest In Peace Colin, you will be sorely missed by your Family and Friends.

5. Always admired him. RIP.

6. I work as a photographer for Vectis Auctions where Colins collection of military items and model trains are to be sold,Colin's home is less than three miles from me and he has dealt with Vectis for several years.Being ex-1LI I have taken an interest in anything to do with the Light Division, I spoke to "Suggsy" Gary Sugget who served under Colin for several years and a couple of Light Infantry B.M.s who have great regard for Colin.His wife Billie posted the funeral details in the local paper, they are as follows.
    Service to be held in St Hildas Chapel,Teesside Crematorium,Acklam Road Middlesbrough at 11.15 hrs on Thursday 19th August family flowers only donations in lieu if desired to Help for Heroes sadly Colin is the second BM to pass away this month with the death of "Max" Bygraves a few days ago.
    R.I.P. Colin.