Bug out time imminent ... thoughts please?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Is the house owned by your Mum? If she isn’t already in care, you may be able to look into shared ownership, if it is split between you/hubby/sibling/mum you may not have to sell as selling her share would be improbable
Perhaps others more knowledgeable may be able to comment?
Sounds good, but I have neither "hubby" nor sibling; otherwise I wouldn't be living in my mother's house!

Now there's a thing.

For months, I've just felt sick, angry, sleepless, brain dead, but couldn't laugh or cry.

So why do I cry when people are kind?
I guess it's a release of some kind? I don't really know. The light of my life & joy of my existence died, very suddenly on 21st May 2009. I wanted to kill everybody, but when my best mate said to me "Andy...." I just collapsed. He didn't hold my hand or any of that poofery, but just sat there until I composed myself.

Good luck, lad.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Shouldn’t have given them sovereigns away.
I used them to pay a couple of people who had done some good work for me and my family over the years, as it seemed more "elegant" than bunging them cash. Hope they got the best price for them.

Sounds good, but I have neither "hubby" nor sibling; otherwise I wouldn't be living in my mother's house!
Sorry, thought I had read a previous thread where you mentioned a hubby, therefore assumed you were a lumpy jumper, got that wrong (nothing new there) but look into shared ownership anyway, if the house is joint owned it is impracticable to sell a part share. Depends on how long you can hold out as there may be an “avoidance issue “ if it is too imminent. Seek advice, some on here may already have experience of this :-(

It's a long time since I posted a weepy look-at-me thread, so I thought I'd throw myself on the mercy of the new "caring sharing Arrse".

As some of you may know, I'm faced with selling my mother's house to pay for her care. So far, so shit.

They do say that house moves are right up there in the top three stressful situations, but apart from the usual rubbish connected with most sales/purchases, this is the family home of three generations, and my only home for the last 20 odd years.

I can't get my head around the fact that it will be gone forever. I've pulled my big girl superhero doorkicker pants up and tried to be positive, but I'm shitting myself, as it gets ever closer.

Any thoughts please? Am I being f*cking wet, or are these feelings understandable.
Sorry to hear the start of the new year hasn't been kind to you. Keep your pecker up. You can always keep some other one up too. :)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry, thought I had read a previous thread where you mentioned a hubby, therefore assumed you were a lumpy jumper, got that wrong (nothing new there) but look into shared ownership anyway, if the house is joint owned it is impracticable to sell a part share. Depends on how long you can hold out as there may be an “avoidance issue “ if it is too imminent. Seek advice, some on here may already have experience of this :-(
I am indeed a lumpy jumper! I have a supportive partner, but we don't live together. For the very reason that he is supportive I want to keep it that way, i.e. he has stresses of his own and I don't expect him to be solely responsible for my happiness.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry to hear the start of the new year hasn't been kind to you. Keep your pecker up. You can always keep some other one up too. :)

Thanks. Actually it was 2018 that started with me misjudging a red light by a nanosecond and getting three points. That set the tone for a year-long shower of shit. :)

ETA: And a fine. Natch.

Last edited:

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's a long time since I posted a weepy look-at-me thread, so I thought I'd throw myself on the mercy of the new "caring sharing Arrse".

As some of you may know, I'm faced with selling my mother's house to pay for her care. So far, so shit.

They do say that house moves are right up there in the top three stressful situations, but apart from the usual rubbish connected with most sales/purchases, this is the family home of three generations, and my only home for the last 20 odd years.

I can't get my head around the fact that it will be gone forever. I've pulled my big girl superhero doorkicker pants up and tried to be positive, but I'm shitting myself, as it gets ever closer.

Any thoughts please? Am I being f*cking wet, or are these feelings understandable.

I sold my wifes nans house the other week, four generations, and as a twat I never thought of that until now. Thanks

You could sell it to me for $100... of course I'll need someone to look after it, since I am not there, I could afford, say, $20/yr for the next 5 years (how long would the local be looking at transfers?) for live in management, after which I am likely to look into selling it in order to double my money.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
You could sell it to me for $100... of course I'll need someone to look after it, since I am not there, I could afford, say, $20/yr for the next 5 years (how long would the local be looking at transfers?) for live in management, after which I am likely to look into selling it in order to double my money.

Sorry I've no idea what you just said as your avatar brought on a prolonged fit of dry heaving .

I am indeed a lumpy jumper! I have a supportive partner, but we don't live together. For the very reason that he is supportive I want to keep it that way, i.e. he has stresses of his own and I don't expect him to be solely responsible for my happiness.
Excuse the American, but what in the hell is a “Lumpy Jumper”??