Budweiser Ad-9/11

Apologies if this has made it around already but I just got it and thought it was timely in view of the "Ground Zero mosque" debate. The email indicated this was aired only once before it became politically incorrect.

Apologies also to those who do not care for Budweiser, Americans or big horses.[video=youtube;2d17gXJp5v8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d17gXJp5v8[/video]

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I don't get it.

A load of big **** off horses tow a carriage to NY and then they all stop and bow their heads?

What has that got to do with 9/11, ground zero, mosques or shit dog piss beer?

I have to ask, does anyone in the US not get on the outrage subway when something as emotive as 9-11 gets used to sell beer ?
I cant imagine Fullers using the London bombings to promote London Pride for example.......

Is there any truth in the rumour that, during the filming, one of the horses was killed in a collision with a Yemeni cab driver who had been in America for one day and who promptly declared that the accident was "the will of allah"?

Last time I was in New York I was waiting in Battery Park for the ferry to Ellis Island. Half a dozen Muslims got their mats out and started praying towards Mecca. From where I was standing, it looked very like they were praying to the Statue of Liberty. If I'd had a camera with me I'd be a rich man by now.

IMO Spitfire ads are not the same, they are a clever p1ss take. The Bud ad shown above is either:

1. shamelessly using the death of a couple of thousand souls to seel beer

or

2. Using Americas favourite beer to create a respectful memorial to those who lost their lives in the 9-11 outrage.

....depending on your viewpoint.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
IMO Spitfire ads are not the same, they are a clever p1ss take. The Bud ad shown above is either:

1. shamelessly using the death of a couple of thousand souls to seel beer

or

2. Using Americas favourite beer to create a respectful memorial to those who lost their lives in the 9-11 outrage.

....depending on your viewpoint.
Personally I think it's a blinding idea on Bud's part. Tap into the emotions of the Elmer's who drink their shite product and make them think they are being patriotic every time they take a sip. It's gonna fly off the shelves.

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
I've got nothing against Anhauser Busch. They were (and I believe still are) giving out free tickets to their theme parks to British Troops the same as they were for American ones, so good on em'. They also took out adverts in the Times to thank British troops for their support, can't see Obama doing that. As a result, when Lager is the only option, I'll buy their Beer.

I also like horses. Because Polo looks a bit gay on bycicles.

That said, I have no bloody idea what those Horses have to do with 9 11.

I hate to state the obvious, how can Clydesdale horses be a Budweiser trademark, they are horses from Great Britain, the hint could be the name "Clydesdale", which as far as my Scottish relatives beleive has a lot to with the area known universally as the "Clyde".
Another example of the Americans hijacking something that we have had in existence since the concept of Knight's on a varking big orse.

History if you had any would still not be your strongpoint.

RCGJ

Latest Threads