Budget cuts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by kj1000, May 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What effect do you think the budget cuts will have on defence: what do you hope for, what should be kept and what, if anything, could be cut without compromising our defence?

2. journo?

3. Foreign Aid. Itmakes no sense when we are so indebted to still give so much away.

I think that the DfID budget is about 9 billion a year. Cut the 6 billion that the government is looking for from here. The remaining 3 billion can be used to for key projects, to keep the department going and the civil servants employed until better times when we can resume our largesse.

I really do not understand why Foriegn Aid was ring-fenced by all parties before the election with the promise that it would not be cut.

4. Agree one million percent!!!!!
    To China and India?
    Two massive economies with nuclear weapons and Space Programs.
    What utter Crap. These cuts will have an effect on me. BIG TIME. But we'll still be sending money to these BLOODY CLOWNS with their Nukes and Space Rockets.
    Bolllox!

5. The RAF.

6. Dannatt may have had a point when he said 'Heavy Armour, Heavy Arty, Fast Air, Air2Air Refuelling [were] ripe for cuts', or similar.

7. Do some research on foreign aid then, you might understand why it's so important and money well spent.

8. could you tell me why its so important? i honestly cant see why a few million to india and china can make any difference to their people when both have billions to spare to spend on their military for example.

9. It was a simplistic comment but reasonably accurate. I know all about trade etc.
    I don't care.
    If I get screwed (prepares to bend over!) then this government has already failed.

10. It was a simplistic comment but reasonably accurate. I know all about trade etc.
    I don't care.
    If I get screwed (prepares to bend over!) then this government has already failed.

11. This strikes me as a rather facile response. Would you care to justify it?

12. Nah. KJ1000 must be Kevan Jones.
    :)