Budget 2013

So George is off and running. Probably no major surprises to come, but true to form, the "honourable members" are behaving like a chimpanzees tea party.
I sometimes wish the Speaker (deputy Hoyle in this case) had the bottle to sling a few of them out on their ears. Balls in particular is behaving in his normal obnoxious manner - it would make my day to see him turfed out before having the chance to reply on behalf of the opposition. If it wasn't such a serious business, it would be hilarious.
Bunch of children (on all sides).

What exactly will it take to reduce the sacred cow of Overseas Aid? Ring-fenced at 0.7% of GDP. I suppose it gives them (and various despots) a warm glow before they are tucked up at night.

Some good news on re-allocation of a % of bankers bonuses to Service Charities.

One Penny off a pint from Sunday night.

3p tax on beer in September to be scrapped.

Wow! Let's get down the pub. Proposed 3p rise in beer duty axed, plus a further 1p reduction on a pint of beer. Welcome, but it will take a lot more to drag the pub trade off its deathbed - hammering the supermarkets would be a start.

I like Lindsay Hoyle, the deputy Speaker. "I cannot understand an opposition that doesn't want to hear its own leader"! :)
Good man - can he replace Bercow now please?
Ed now into soundbite overdrive.

A downgraded Chancellor who upgraded himself to First Class travel on a Second Class ticket says Ed.

regulating the Pub Cos will do more to save British pubs, those scum bags are just asset strippers.

Budget has been Tweeted online before Osborne got to his feet,missed a killing at the bookies there.

What a crap response even when faced with a gaping open goal.

Cheap shots about long past events - not even related to the budget. Deputy Speaker should say - if you are not going to talk about the subject at hand then sit down ( you goggle-eyed imitation of a kid's popular puppet)

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
He's actually taken some measures to stimulate growth - like taking many small business out of paying NI. Pity he didn't do it 2 years ago.

He's still out of his depth though. You probably couldn't reduce public spending any faster without impacting on growth. What he could have done 2 years ago was cut wasteful public spending (all the 'non-jobs' in the public sector) and spend the money saved there on infrastructure projects. He's only starting to do that now. (He binned a lot of infrastructure projects in his first budget, but kept the non-jobs).

A boy in a man's job and only still there because he's Call Me Dave's mate.

Wordsmith

50p tax cut is that all the gimp can say?.

Be nice to hear what his policies will be.