Buckshee Projectors

Discussion in 'ACF' started by Lepus, Apr 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok guys, I need information on how you can get hold of a projector at a cost that will not break the detachment bank. Its an idea that the cadets brought up about using more technology, and death by powerpoint seems to be preffered to death by OHP.

Any suggestions?

2. Ebay is your best bet, you’re probably looking to spend between £100-£200, I don’t know what your budget is but look at it as a long term investment.
  3. £100-200 was the sort of range I was looking at really. Thing is, is there any insurance for buying such Gucci items from ebay? I'd hate to lose £200 of hard earned detachment funds to some con-artist.

4. http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/questions/protection-program.html

Your purchase is protected so long as you use a reputable trader, the above link will answer all your questions.

I’ve never had a problem with ebay myself although I have heard horror stories about con artists ripping off buyers, but they almost always end in the police getting involved and the buyer getting his money back.

This seller has buyer protection, you’d be safe dealing with him.
  5. Something you should bare in mind as well Rab is that you can probably get consumables (printer inks, toner, replacement projector bulbs etc) at cost price through your uni IT service.
  6. Really.....could you eleaborate?
  7. Simple - Uni buys toner cartridges by the hundred, PCs by the dozen, consumables by the thousand - big discounts on things like PCs, laptops and projectors. Some offer these discounts on to the student.
  8. ah...I will have a word in that case, it really does seem like a worthwhile investment.