Bucks House Garden Party, timings?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Whiskey_60, Jun 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello!

Has anyone any idea as to what time the above mentioned event is taking place on the day? Also what time it is due to finish?

I need to book transport whilst it's cheap but I have no idea what timings I'm going off. I know we're meant to receive a letter from SABRE (those of us who got the tickets through them anyway) detailing these things but I haven't yet got mine!

Thanks in advance.

W-60

2. I have been told 1400-1600 ish but do not quote me on that

3. The gates open at 1500 and it ends at 1800.

The official packs with the tickets and all the information you need are being sent out by the Garden Party organisers rather than SaBRE. We understand that they will be going out any day now.

4. Thanks SaBRE!

5. Does anyone know which Royals will be there and if cameras are allowed?

6. Man alive! Goku, talk about security on open means! as if that info is coming out at this stage... it's a Royal Garden party, my guess is someone "Royal" will be there and that is all we need worry about right now!

7. Yes that would be a huge breach of security :roll:

Royals at Buck house...
    Fek me, Johnny terrorist wont believe his luck :frustrated:

8. No Cameras and mobiles MUST be off. You will get a full info pack with the invite.

9. Yep got my tickets and pack today.

Dress is Lounge Suit/No1/No2/95's medals to be worn.

Gates open at 15:00 and close at 18:00.

No daysacks, but handbags allowed.

Now, a quick question!

I'm getting the coach to Victoria Station, do they have lockers there so i can stuff my daysack with some civvies in one of them? My coach leaves London at 20:00 and i'll probably get mugged and gangraped walking around London in my 2's for 2 hours!

It's going to be emotional enough wearing them on the coach down to London from Yorkshire if theres any anti-war wallahs on the coach.

W-60

10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

There aren't any lockers at Victoria but there is a Left Luggage facility by platforms 7 & 8. They charge a small fee for securing your stuff, but it's not 24 hr. I think it shuts by midnight.

11. I think I'll give that a miss thanks.............

12. Thanks for that mate. So platforms 7 & 8 in the train station? (No wah, never been to London!!)

Green Slime, not fancy taking your man bag then?

13. I could dig out my sausage bag............

Luckily our Bde is providing tpt so we will have somewhere to leave all our 'clag'.

14. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, it'll be fairly obvious when you're in the station and close to those train platforms.

First time in the Big Smoke eh? Fuck me you're in for a treat! :D
    Seriously though London's a great town and you should have a wonderful time. Be advised though things can get a bit pricey. You ain't in Pudsey now Toto!

15. is it hats for mrs quiller etc or not?