"Buckingham Palace will make a lovely mosk"

...even men must wear an islamic swimsuit
Hmmm! Mo must have been very forward looking to have initiated this practice, especially as his hometown was 73 km (45 miles) inland from Jeddah in a narrow valley at a height of 277 m (909 ft) above sea level -a long (and difficult) way to go for a swim, especially in his day!

Mosk? FFS! If you are so worried about foreigners how about taking a bit more care with your own language.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yup. I made a mistake. Under Islamic law, this misspelling of such a sacred place must surely warrant stoning or beheading.
OK, I'm up for that. Do we have to bring our own stones, or are they provided?

Just read in my local paper, The Press and Journal, that Aberdeen now has its first Muslim only ladies hairdressers.

Frosted glass so no one can see in, a buzzer system so no one can walk in off the street and "beauty products especially for Asian women"... rather a contradiction in terms...go get ya hair done, have nice make-up, but stick a Burkha on so no one can see!!

The local Business Gateway are providing financial and consultive help.

Have to say I am really surprised by this up here...I would not have thought she would have that much of a client base.

Shame the photo in the paper has Ms Madiha Miah, 23 (Ms..is she divorced??) unfortuneatly holding two hairdriers as if they were guns!!..lol

Not sure what to make of it really...half of me says good luck, the other is on the outrage bus...

Just read in my local paper, The Press and Journal, that Aberdeen now has its first Muslim only ladies hairdressers.

Frosted glass so no one can see in, a buzzer system so no one can walk in off the street and "beauty products especially for Asian women"... rather a contradiction in terms...go get ya hair done, have nice make-up, but stick a Burkha on so no one can see!!

The local Business Gateway are providing financial and consultive help.

Have to say I am really surprised by this up here...I would not have thought she would have that much of a client base.

Shame the photo in the paper has Ms Madiha Miah, 23 (Ms..is she divorced??) unfortuneatly holding two hairdriers as if they were guns!!..lol

Not sure what to make of it really...half of me says good luck, the other is on the outrage bus...
we've had afro-caribbean hairdressers for years and nobody bats an eyelid, why would this be any different?

here we go again...

M

Mr_Tigger

You can bring your own if you want but the rules are quite clear:

“No stone should be thrown that should kill with the first or second blow, or so small as a pebble to do no injury to the condemned.”

we've had afro-caribbean hairdressers for years and nobody bats an eyelid, why would this be any different?
We have too, but they do not have frosted windows, buzzers etc..my eldest daughter went through a period of wanting her hair braided so it was muggings here that had to take her to get her hair done at one of these places. It was inclusive, not exclusive. Afro-caribbian establishments do no bar you on religious grounds. I think thats the "outrage" bit for me....but then I hate religion with a passion.

here we go again...
The first apologist pops his head up over the parapet, where are the rest of the islamophiles, how do they justify the de facto setting up of an islamic region of "tower hamlets" where ANY non muslim feels threatened and the blatant calls for jihad & imposition of sharia law world wide? Oh I forgot, silly me, these are not typical, just isolated nutters, a bit like the Taliban in Afghanistan!
I think they need to think very carefully, unless of course they are already converting or thinking of converting to Islam!

We have too, but they do not have frosted windows, buzzers etc..my eldest daughter went through a period of wanting her hair braided so it was muggings here that had to take her to get her hair done at one of these places. It was inclusive, not exclusive. Afro-caribbian establishments do no bar you on religious grounds. I think thats the "outrage" bit for me....but then I hate religion with a passion.
It wasnt on Peckham Rye Lane then. A friend of mine (a charming, young white lady of surprising ampleness) was turned away by a few there - "sorry, we don't cater for your hair type".

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The first apologist pops his head up over the parapet, where are the rest of the islamophiles, how do they justify the de facto setting up of an islamic region of "tower hamlets" where ANY non muslim feels threatened and the blatant calls for jihad & imposition of sharia law world wide? Oh I forgot, silly me, these are not typical, just isolated nutters, a bit like the Taliban in Afghanistan!
I think they need to think very carefully, unless of course they are already converting or thinking of converting to Islam!
Is that because the Non-Muslims are actually being threatened and intimidatied by overt verbal, physical or other abuse, or even just nasty stares and the fear that people are talking about them in a nasty way in a languague they don't understand? Or is this feeling of being threatened a result of their own preconceptions, prejudices or paranoia?

I always wonder about that, strange I never feel threatened by large groups of black men or muslims, or indeed wandering through areas in which they are the predominant residents I have never experienced anything that could be considered overtly or actively intimidating.

Now pasty whities, with blue tinged skin aggressively nasal patois, wearing trackies and burbery do on the other hand.

Two flat ones, a couple of pointy ones, and a packet of gravel for me please. :p