Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Buckfast Surprise

Or an old favourite:

CSM's Revenge

2 bottles Buckie (consumed quickly)
1 x Kilt
1 x TOS (Red hackle optional)
All ranks function

Method:

Consume 2 bottles of Buckie in 10 mins
Don kilt and TOS
Attend function
Consume large quantities of whiskey
Confront CSM about your lack of career options.

salforddude said:
no Steven,here is fine
Cooking is a hairy chested,masculine sport,best enjoyed outdoors,in the company of other masculine heterosexual men,and a few adoring women

Look if you want to enjoy Mr Fresco then that is of course your own business but outright orgies, with or without socks and "Piggy on a stick" is not something that should be discussed in public.

Place is full of devos at the moment!

What happens between me and MISS fresco,(Alison,lovely girl,double jointed,an sit on her own face,lord knows what she needs me for)
I prefer to wear one sock,wool,as the other is unpleasently sticky with bucky and brick dust
Piggy on a stick is more of a party game for grownups. When you`re older.....

Bucky is not just a fine wine well suited to the Jocks, many a bottle gets consumed in "Norn Iron" as well. Known locally as Lurgan Champagne and best drunk direct from the bottle. Good taste of course dictates that said bottle should be disguised by being wrapped in a brown paper bag.

There should be little need for recipes involving Buckfast, after all the magic nectar is a meal in itself.

Some years ago when I was PMC at a very senior dinner, I nearly killed a guest General by taking a sip from my port and murmuring "Not a great Buckfast, but a good Buckfast..." Thank the dear that the MO (a vet, don't ask...) was there to save him.

I have to complain strongly to the slagging off of the nectar that is "Buckie" this gift from the gods is what makes beautiful Scots women marry ugly English men, as when consumed in large enough quantities it could make even quasimodo look like Jason Statham. :D

Im not slagging the stuff. In fact I prefer it to such stalwarts of the well stocked cocktail cabinets like MD20/20,and everyones favourite Thunderbird. theres always a vague suspicion that its got vitamins or summat in it,probably.

Well,If you washed under the old 4th anorak with Bukkie,the would be no cheese,hell,no knob left!It'd just melt away.........

Mangonel said:
If I may, Mr FA:

To enjoy this dish to the fullest, the, "Buckie," should be stolen, not purchased. The Giro is to be preserved for the purchase of postprandial cigarettes (harder to steal, you see).

Buckfast in the local swally shops beside me is put behind the counter so you can steal the Cigs and Buckie at the same time while grabbing a sky diver or two out the till. Genius idea I dont know who thought it up.

Valentines Day gift spotted in Newry !

glasgow_valentines.jpg

You could always saunter along to the Sarry Heid ( Saracens Head ) in the Gallowgate and purchase said nectar on draught .

Many years ago in a pub in Strathyre (I forget which one) the poor barman nearly had a stroke when he was asked if he sold Buckfast. And no it wasn't me!!!

Very romantic neds in Newry then Killaloe. :wink:

I confess I tried one taste of it about 14yrs ago after popping in to see the Bro in Law in Halls at Queens. It was awful. It was a like a sickly port. What I can't undertstand is why it is sold cold. Over here they keep it in big walk in chillers for you to buy.

Is it drank chilled in Scotland ?

I believe it is actually brewed by Monks over in Devon or Cornwall but 90% is exported to NI & Scotland.