Bubbles draw up €162bn war reparation claims against Germany

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Apr 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Isn't there a time limit on this kind of thing? After all could we not just try and claim off the greek government the money we spent freeing them? I can't see this going down too well with German voters. It may even open up the way for the US to start claiming back some of the Marshall Plan money.

2. It's like Christmas come early for the Telegraph, all they need to add is a Liz Hurley angle and they can knock off for the rest of the week.

• Like Like x 4
  3. The Greeks really are up to date on current affairs.

4. Is it just that the whole the European Union idea was the most badly engineered thing ever?

• Like Like x 4
  5. "...a senior government official told SPIEGEL ONLINE. "This is no time to pick a fight with Berlin."

No shit.

Greek Commission Concludes Germany Owes Billions in War Reparations - SPIEGEL ONLINE

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

******* good on 'em. Won't happen of course but it will remind the boxheeds that they shouldn't really try the jackboot diplomacy too often.

• Like Like x 1
  7. No problem Britain will lend the Greeks the money they need!

8. Why stop at the Germans? For all I know one of my ancestors may have owned acres of land and had claim to all sorts of wealth in Britain. And then along come the bloody Italians and nick it all. I want my compo! with compound interest going back to 55BC please.

9. ISTBC but aren't Germany one of the main driving forces behind the bailout for them?

10. There are people alive who remember what a complete bunch of ***** ze Germans were, it would be a surprise if the Greeks didn't receive reparation after the War, but there was a fair bit going on so it could have happened.
    If so, the Germans owe the Greeks a shitload of cash and should ******* pay even if it was a while ago.
    People seem to have short memories, whereas I for one don't think that as long as a person is left alive from that period, they should ever be allowed to forget what they did.
    Now we have pretty much fucked off from their country it would be easy for them and us to forget why we were there in the first place.

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

The Greeks can do one. About 2,000 years ago the Italians build a ******* great wall from Wallsend to the Solway. It cuts across one of our farms and badly dressed hippies trample over it. Which alarms the sheep and horses. And more important, me.

I require £27m in compensation for distress to our sheep and horses and my bad back. Plus £2.7bn in back rent. Cash will do nicely.

12. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

What is Greece going to do about it? Invade Germany?

13. The Luftwaffe should have starting doing over flights of Athens when the Greeks were kicking off in 2011 as a wee reminder.