Bubba loses his rag

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by crabtastic, Sep 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I can see where Clinton is coming from but I think with the right wing media (in fact the right wing generally, heck probably the left wing and the middle), opinions, and in this situation questions are more likely formed from Bourdieu's concept of habitus than by direct conscious conspiray as Clinton seems to infer. Still he comes over quite well IMO.

(what was the 'move your bones' comment about? ***reaches for tin hat***)

2. Probably just sore over loosing the Golf after flying all the way to Eire!

3. Hey man, your post totally flipped my shizz.

Even though the 'habitus' para under wiki's Bourdieu entry took a couple of readings to understand, it makes a shed-load of sense in the current American political landscape.

Hard core right wingers will only ever objectify the subjective, and same same on the left. As far as Clinton is concerned, it doesn't matter how much 'truth' is presented, those on the right are unable to see it.

-

4. Must be honest. I never considered al-Quaida the threat they became.
    Memory says that there was not the emphasise placed on them and Osama that there is now.
    Oh I know some posters will find exstensive articals showing how I don't know what I'm on about, but despite the East African embassy bombing who really belived that a bunch of rag heads where going to turn civil airliners into missles of death and destruction.
    john
    A suicide bomber as per Beruit barracks but 19-20 Niver.

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Yep it's a good concept, took me a few times for it to sink in too :wink:

6. I love how one of the adverts on this story on the Fox News website is about lowering blood pressure.

Someone at Fox News clearly hasn't received their sense of humour by-pass yet.