Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BT I-Plate

Just fitted mine and my broadband speed has increased appreciably, anyone else tried them.

58lt_large.jpg

I-Plate BT Shop Link

They work by filtering out excess noise and although they say some might not see much of an improvement I have

meridian said:
Just fitted mine and my broadband speed has increased appreciably, anyone else tried them.

58lt_large.jpg

I-Plate BT Shop Link

They work by filtering out excess noise and although they say some might not see much of an improvement I have

Probably only really useful if you are not picking up the recommended speed and you are relatively close to the exchange (<2 miles?).

Once you are further away than 2 miles, the speed drops off quite rapidly, IIRC.

Litotes

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
I had our main socket open the other day and found one of those inside. Can't say it's making a lot of difference - or if it is, I'd be really gutted at the original speed!

Are you sure its an I plate, it fits between the front socket and rear master socket or NTE5 so the front socket should sit proud

geordie_g

War Hero
I was sent one of these I plates, It actually made my broadband go slower.

meridian said:
Just fitted mine and my broadband speed has increased appreciably

Can you put a figure to it or is it just a subjective feeling?

Try http://speedtest.net/

I'm getting about 90% of what I pay for (8Mb) so I can't see it making much difference to me now but I'm due to move soon so will keep an eye on this.