BT e mail

This morning a couple of emails saying that a couple of sub accounts had been suspended due to suspicious activity,then a hour later a voice text from BT stating the same , Hmmm I think will take a look and go online to find I cant do a password reset for either account. Busy day ahead so this evening try again but get the "weve had a problem " message.
Any one else had this ?

I ring the help line and a pleased to speak to an English Doris , after lots of script reading and reading stuff out loud " I'll just try this " I get an " Oh shhhh " then some soothing muzak , she's back on the line to fess up I've deleted your email accounts apart from the primary one. Oh its 9pm I finish now bye ! and I get the recorded our advisors work 8am to 9pm .
Not Chuffing Happy. And she changed the BT ID password and security questions for my account
However its not insurmountable and new addys can be created, but annoying

Last edited:
This morning a couple of emails saying that a couple of sub accounts had been suspended due to suspicious activity,then a hour later a voice text from BT stating the same , Hmmm I think will take a look and go online to find I cant do a password reset for either account. Busy day ahead so this evening try again but get the "weve had a problem " message.
Any one else had this ?

I ring the help line and a pleased to speak to an English Doris , after lots of script reading and reading stuff out loud " I'll just try this " I get an " Oh shhhh " then some soothing muzak , she's back on the line to fess up I've deleted your email accounts apart from the primary one. Oh its 9pm I finish now bye ! and I get the recorded our advisors work 8am to 9pm .
Not Chuffing Happy. And she changed the BT ID password and security questions for my account
However its not insurmountable and new addys can be created, but annoying
BT's sysadmins must be able to restore your accounts and data, surely? There'd be multiple servers with your data backed up every several hours or so.

I trust you contacted BT using a number on one of their bills or from their website.

I've had a few calls from people purporting to be BT chasing up suspicious activity despite my not having had a BT account.

The last similar call was from someone wanting to rectify a problem with my Sky equipment. I replied "I haven't had any problems with my sky equipment but there's not really enough wind today to fly my kite." Despite her having impeccable English, she didn't catch on to the joke.

Bt number kosher , back on again to day as more issues I must have got an ex squaddie got the technical explanation "its fuckked mate,been so for a few days as bt/yahoo are culling accounts dormant for 150 days that arnt on a premium service and there has been collateral effects " a resolution possibly by thursday if they can sort the software

Latest Threads