BSMs stick

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by scaley143, Feb 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please could someone confirm which type of 'stick' a BSM is allowed to carry?

2. A wooden one?

3. Walking, pritt etc.

4. 1 Metre length of Blackpool rock in Regimental colours

5. BSM' are not allowed pace sticks coz they require them to carry out two actions at the same time.

6. It was certainly a metre long and I can remember creeping along the corridor to see if it was leaning in the corner of the BSM's office; if it was it was unsafe to go in the battery office to catch up on the gossip and slip the clerk something so your £5 fine for missing church parade might disapear in the system.

7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Does a BSM have to be a cripple now?
    Changed since my day.

8. Usually had a BIG silver knob on the end and, in the RHA, it had a cypher thereon. On one camp at Vogelsang, we had a "Smoker". The BSM's stick was passed on stage to the local hooker who'd agreed to come and put on a show for the lads.

She certainly put it to good use - not the first time it had a cnut on the end of it!

Anyway, when it was extracted and recovered, it was passed amongst the front row, who "swizzled" it in their beer. Those of us in the know took great delight in telling them that the lady in question had worked three "tricks" before coming to perform for us!

That was the night that our v. skinny, nay puny, Mess Steward was thrown on stage for her to "play with"... and the baby's arm clutching a grapefruit was revealed to the stunned masses.

9. Sick, Sick man, F Med 8 anyone, good though, wish I had been there :thumleft:

10. It certainly was "A Night To Remember" - even 29 years on! I've been mentally scarred ever since!

Of course, all the Pads then went home and told their wives about the "thrice blessed" Mess Steward... He was known to do the odd "Strippagram" or two after that.

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I thought a Band SM already carried a fecking big stick that he would twiddle over his head to amuse the marching troops.

12. Is that a whar?

13. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

No a fact - but it could be taken as a bit of a whar for some :roll:

14. I do believe his stick is also made of wood