bsa L1A1 straight pull

2k is top dollar for a SLR straight pull on the UK market. there are a few out there, and a hell of a lot of companys with them ( of all grades and possible config)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Why? Just why?

For the same price you could get yourself a reasonably nice hunting rifle that out performs this piece of shite in every single way.

The SLR was shit.

Alsacien

MIA
Why? Just why?

For the same price you could get yourself a reasonably nice hunting rifle that out performs this piece of shite in every single way.

The SLR was shit.
I have several reasonably nice hunting rifles - and an SLR 'cos it is a historically important rifle, is fun to shoot, is competitive in French T.A.R. competitions, and has nostalgic sentimental value to me having used it for part of my time in the mob.

P.S. You must be a homo.
P.P.S. You are not allowed to have one anyway......

:)

Why? Just why?

The SLR was shit.
Heresy, burn the witch!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have several reasonably nice hunting rifles - and an SLR 'cos it is a historically important rifle, is fun to shoot, is competitive in French T.A.R. competitions, and has nostalgic sentimental value to me having used it for part of my time in the mob.

P.S. You must be a homo.
P.P.S. You are not allowed to have one anyway......

:)
I can understand the sentimental aspect, but to call it 'historically important' is taking the piss a bit. It's not as if they are particularly rare or iconic.

The SLR will be completely forgotten in a few years, save for the people who used them.

Because it was shit.

;)

Alsacien

MIA
I can understand the sentimental aspect, but to call it 'historically important' is taking the piss a bit. It's not as if they are particularly rare or iconic.

The SLR will be completely forgotten in a few years, save for the people who used them.

Because it was shit.

;)
AK47's are historically important, and they are more shit.....

The SLR was used by the Brits in Malaysia, Northern Ireland, and the Falklands, and by Australia and New Zealand in Vietnam, and by Rhodesia in the Rhodesian Bush War....and that is without expanding on the whole FN FAL story, so I think it is historically important.

Hang on, IIRC Ravers is/was a matelot. WTF would he know about rifles? Think the fumes from that paint locker have gone to his head!

The SLR was used by the Brits in Malaysia, Northern Ireland, and the Falklands, and by Australia and New Zealand in Vietnam, and by Rhodesia in the Rhodesian Bush War....and that is without expanding on the whole FN FAL story, so I think it is historically important.
So were Puttees but we haven't got 400 threads dripping on about how marvellous they were.

The SLR was and always will be pants.

I've no idea why people rant on about it, it didn't even look cool.

Am sure its purely nostalgia, its Belgian for fucks sake.

We've got a load of ex squaddies at the shooting club, all with straight pul SLRs and FNs, listening drip on and calling them elephant guns, then giggling as their targets look like a mad woman shitting.

If the SLR was a person it would be someone like Russ Abbott, everybodys familiar with him, no reason to dislike him, but really was utterly shit.

So there, gay gun worshipped by big gayers :D

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
AK47's are historically important, and they are more shit.....

Yeah but those wars were shit, no one will remember them either.

Hides under desk and awaits massive incoming.

We've got a load of ex squaddies at the shooting club, all with straight pul SLRs and FNs, listening drip on and calling them elephant guns, then giggling as their targets look like a mad woman shitting.
They are plainly all shite shots then!

Alsacien

MIA
So were Puttees but we haven't got 400 threads dripping on about how marvellous they were.

The SLR was and always will be pants.

I've no idea why people rant on about it, it didn't even look cool.

Am sure its purely nostalgia, its Belgian for fucks sake.

If the SLR was a person it would be someone like Russ Abbott, everybodys familiar with him, no reason to dislike him, but really was utterly shit.

So there, gay gun worshipped by big gayers :D
So you are not allowed to own one either...... :)

Mine happily groups freehand inside the 8 ring (about 20cm at 200mtrs), which compares very well with the competition in that class/era (G3's, MAS, M14 etc).
Its not a patch on my gucci AR15 in terms of ergonomics, accuracy and the like, but it was made over 50 years ago, folks should not pretend it is something it is not.