Brussels orders EU flag must fly over Whitehall

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by h301593, Apr 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. Is it me?

I'm sure there must be a secret department in Brussels that has nothing to do but think of ways of winding us (Brits) up.

Forget Great Britain, did you know we are soon to belong to Arc Manche!?
    'The EU are trying to wipe us off the map': Brussels merges England and France in new Arc Manche region... with its own FLAG | Mail Online

And before that comes in to force, just to rub our ****ing noses in it:
    Brussels orders EU flag must fly over Whitehall every day... and we could be fined if we fail to comply | Mail Online

Granted, it's from the Daily Mail but grrrrrrr.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Well we're not a sovereign nation any more so there's no point pretending that we are.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Forget this piece of nonsense, the EU is not a nation with all that pertains to nationhood, it is a conglomerate of self seeking self aggrandising failed polititians, trough snuffling and pocket lining at the expense of looney home grown failed polititians, equally eager to get on the bandwagon when dumped from national parliaments by disgruntled voters.
    • Like Like x 11
  4. Frankly, since we are not allowed to fly the Union Flag in case people find it offensive, the sight of the EU flag flying over official buildings in the UK would be deeply offensive to me. So they can shove it.
    • Like Like x 8
  5. Posted at the same time aswell! Mods please stick anything from here into Queensman's thread.
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Jebus. It even debunks the story in the article linked to.

I wonder if the Daily Heil sometimes deliberately have a competition with their articles to see how many sad little Englanders they can coax towards apoplexy.

I'll wait for the actual proposal / discussion rather than the ill-informed, knee jerk bollocks in the rabidly anti-EU Mail.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Well, it is a nice flag....

• Like Like x 6
  8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Perhaps this explains why so many chavs fly the English or Union flag outside their houses, to acknowledge the funding they receive from HMG and the British people?
    • Like Like x 4
  9. This has been reported on before some months ago - can't remember if it was the DM or not. I seem to recall an EU explanation which was actually quite fair - that they provided considerable sums of money for British projects (a fact not widely reported on in our tabloid press!) so they were entitled to a bit of publicity from it.

A good site to check up on bad reporting is Tabloid Watch: europe - the Daily Mail, Daily Express and Sun, Star, etc, feature regularly in its columns! Tabloid Watch also reports the apologies, corrections, etc, made in these erstwhile rags on their inaccurate/made-up reporting. :wink:
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Stupid EU...the sooner we are out of it the better. Yes its nice to have free trade and to be able to travel around Europe without waiting at borders, but the EU is costing Britain not only billions of pounds, but also its identity. I say **** the EU and its ridiculous policies.
    • Like Like x 6
  11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

If only one could find bog roll over-printed with the EU flag, at least one could feel happy once a day.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Referendum?

I want Britain out of Europe. Mind you, I want certain things out of Britain too. Like chavs and other species of freeloading work shy untermensch.

Can't we create some living room here by out sourcing care of the scum services to say, I don't know, Poland for example? We seem to be hosting much of their filth.

And as for the flag, no way.

We're always rolling over to those twats.
    • Like Like x 1