Brush polish to a high shine...

Evening all.

I've recently acquired a set of 3-hole Doc Marten's shoes to wear with my Hatch-Match-&-Dispatch suit.

Being keen to keep up a smart appearance, I've taken the Kiwi to them a couple of times now, but the polish isn't developing like I'm used to on boots. I've heard that the factory now puts a varnish or coating on the leather that protects the shoes from moisture when they're shipped out, and keeps them looking OK-ish in the shoe-shop.
However, this coating does seem to stop the polish penetrating the leather and doing its stuff.

Proword: No-WAH

Is it possible to get this coating off without ruining the leather underneath?

try white spirit or turps
after drinking that you wont care.

If you want to give the right impression it's not Doc Marten shoes, trust me on this.
He's right, if you want to impress with your footwear ( and the ladeez do look at shoes) then do a bit of saving and spend maybe a couple of hundred quid on a good quality pair of shoes. Keep them well polished and clean, re- heel and re- sole when needed and you will be fighting the ladeez off with a sharp stick.

He's right, if you want to impress with your footwear ( and the ladeez do look at shoes) then do a bit of saving and spend maybe a couple of hundred quid on a good quality pair of shoes. Keep them well polished and clean, re- heel and re- sole when needed and you will be fighting the ladeez off with a sharp stick.
Jabba the Hut in a pair of Lobbs?

Havng worn Docs for years, just keep on brushing and polish followed by a quick rub over with a duster, result shiney shiney.

For matches and dispatches, a pair on handmade brogues are the way ahead.

I take it that's a suit for christenings rather than something you wear to watch female friends and relatives hatch their offspring? Unless you're a doctor of course....