Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brunei Posting - should we go or not?????

I went for a Loan Service job there years ago- didn't get it because I was single. The reasoning being 'well you'll have to live in a house'. I pointed out that i did actualy own a house and was perfectly adept at maintaining one. Although the best qualified for the job I didn't get it. They seemed to think that singlies would be trying to shag married women as well. Strange that 4 people I know who got LS/Embassy posts (who were married) got binned for shagging.

Dunno what is wrong with the OP. If he has the chance to go and work for the MOD and also out in Brunai he should be grabbing it with both hands.

I went for a Loan Service job there years ago- didn't get it because I was single. The reasoning being 'well you'll have to live in a house'. I pointed out that i did actualy own a house and was perfectly adept at maintaining one. Although the best qualified for the job I didn't get it. They seemed to think that singlies would be trying to shag married women as well. Strange that 4 people I know who got LS/Embassy posts (who were married) got binned for shagging.
Its really cos you wernt blk init bruv. They just used the house/shaggy things as an excuse.

Hot and accom rubbish

brunai.jpg

Hot and accom rubbish

But you get a proper bang-stick.

Looking forwards to hearing if you make it over, Singapore, your local main-station has a lively social scene and uses the same currency pari pasu so you can pop over. The High Commission there and British Council will both welcome you with your credentials into the region as well as the BD-HC in country. Lots of extra earning power to keep you out of trouble.

I've only visited as a tourist a friend was the British Military adviser to the Sultan had a great couple of weeks and I cannot think of any reason why a posting wouldn't be brilliant and whats the alternative?????? well theres no alternative to travel and experiences.

I've only visited as a tourist a friend was the British Military adviser to the Sultan had a great couple of weeks and I cannot think of any reason why a posting wouldn't be brilliant and whats the alternative?????? well theres no alternative to travel and experiences.
"Life is all about timing, the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable, attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing."

Remember that remuneration is designed to compensate for not being in the UK and is sensitive to exchange rates. The MOD is also the only player who also bills for accommodation overseas. Unless you are on loan service post (which are lucrative) the days of coining it in on overseas tours is long gone...

Remember that remuneration is designed to compensate for not being in the UK and is sensitive to exchange rates. The MOD is also the only player who also bills for accommodation overseas. Unless you are on loan service post (which are lucrative) the days of coining it in on overseas tours is long gone...
Overseas postings.jpg
Pity.They used to be great in My day...;)

You left out fanny. Sorry! Fanning....:geek: