Brum race riot

#1
one of my mates just phoned me saying there are race riots in Brum this evening, I he winding me up?
 

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
#4
The West Midlands Police helicopter has been over the City centre for about 2 hours and there are a lot of Police sirens going off.
Nothing near my area though.
 
#5
Sound like a saterday night in Belfast back in the day, I honistly thought he was pulling one
 
#6
Saw some images on the news, could just maybe be the start of a backlash against immigrants and Muslims in general, but dont quote me on that. :wink: :wink: :wink:
 
#7
Blogg said:
tropper66 said:
one of my mates just phoned me saying there are race riots in Brum this evening, I he winding me up?
May be getting a bit sporty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/8191833.stm
From the article:-

Police in Birmingham have arrested 31 people during protests by anti-fascists and a group demonstrating against Islamic fundamentalism.
So 2 groups, both basicaly claiming to be anti-fascist are fighting eachother. Sounds like the PFJ and JPF from Life of Brian.

So it is religio-political then, not racial.
 
#11

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#12
hairyarse2 said:
I read this earlier tonight.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/...e-out-in-force-for-city-demos-97319-24342581/

One underground group – believed to include football hooligans – is planning to gather in the city late tomorrow afternoon in protest against Islamic fundamentalism.

West Midlands Police have also been told that a counter-demonstration organised by the Unite Against Facism group is also being planned for later the same day.
so a group protesting about fascism are protesting about a group protesting about Islamic fascism... and I've gone crosseyed... :(
 
#13
My nephew is working in a pub near New St station. They were ordered by the police to lock the doors and stay inside about 2 hours ago.

He's on his way home now, so I should get the low-down in our local shortly.
 
#14
maguire said:
hairyarse2 said:
I read this earlier tonight.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/...e-out-in-force-for-city-demos-97319-24342581/

One underground group – believed to include football hooligans – is planning to gather in the city late tomorrow afternoon in protest against Islamic fundamentalism.

West Midlands Police have also been told that a counter-demonstration organised by the Unite Against Facism group is also being planned for later the same day.
so a group protesting about fascism are protesting about a group protesting about Islamic fascism... and I've gone crosseyed... :(
Yep they have all toddled off down to the mosque to have a few beers (happy hour on Saturday) :crazy:
 
#15
maguire said:
so a group protesting about fascism are protesting about a group protesting about Islamic fascism... and I've gone crosseyed... :(
Nope.
From what I can ascertain one group (Casuals United) is a group of football fans that was set up in response to the Islamic protests against the Army in Luton some time ago.
The other lot appear to be an Islamic group.
The helicopter has gone home now so I don't think it was any big deal.
 
#16
One of the main football firms in Birmingham is the Zulus who happen to have a large amount of black members the other is the Villa C-crew who also just happen to have dark coloured chaps amongst their number, so who the hell are Casuals united?
 
#17
Killaloe said:
Do you not have TSG trucks on the mainland or Baton Rounds for public order duties ?
Don't be daft,they can beat seven bells out o them,push them over or just shoot them on the underground! What do they need all that expensive kit for? As an added torture the can simply corall them and let them bleed to death,no problem,nobody accountable!
 
#18
#19
StickyEnd said:
Blogg said:
tropper66 said:
one of my mates just phoned me saying there are race riots in Brum this evening, I he winding me up?
May be getting a bit sporty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/8191833.stm
From the article:-

Police in Birmingham have arrested 31 people during protests by anti-fascists and a group demonstrating against Islamic fundamentalism.
So 2 groups, both basicaly claiming to be anti-fascist are fighting eachother. Sounds like the PFJ and JPF from Life of Brian.

So it is religio-political then, not racial.
Splitter! :D :lol:
 

Similar threads

Top