Brum race riot

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Aug 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. one of my mates just phoned me saying there are race riots in Brum this evening, I he winding me up?

2. The West Midlands Police helicopter has been over the City centre for about 2 hours and there are a lot of Police sirens going off.
    Nothing near my area though.

3. Sound like a saterday night in Belfast back in the day, I honistly thought he was pulling one

4. Saw some images on the news, could just maybe be the start of a backlash against immigrants and Muslims in general, but dont quote me on that. :wink: :wink: :wink:

5. From the article:-

So 2 groups, both basicaly claiming to be anti-fascist are fighting eachother. Sounds like the PFJ and JPF from Life of Brian.

So it is religio-political then, not racial.

6. Bunch off amatures!

7. OOPS!Forgot to to preface with Those in Brum are

8. Do you not have TSG trucks on the mainland or Baton Rounds for public order duties ?

9. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

so a group protesting about fascism are protesting about a group protesting about Islamic fascism... and I've gone crosseyed... :(

10. My nephew is working in a pub near New St station. They were ordered by the police to lock the doors and stay inside about 2 hours ago.

He's on his way home now, so I should get the low-down in our local shortly.

11. Yep they have all toddled off down to the mosque to have a few beers (happy hour on Saturday) :crazy:

12. Nope.
    From what I can ascertain one group (Casuals United) is a group of football fans that was set up in response to the Islamic protests against the Army in Luton some time ago.
    The other lot appear to be an Islamic group.
    The helicopter has gone home now so I don't think it was any big deal.